Exponential-e, the British cloud and network provider, has made an off-the-shelf, 10 Gigabit Ethernet service (GigE) available to British businesses.
This offering promises to provide some of the highest network speeds in the world to most businesses across the country.
Many UK companies are frustrated with poor network connectivity. This was highlighted when 75,000 businesses signed a letter of complaint to Parliament on the topic last year. Exponential-e is now addressing this concern by rolling out an affordable solution that is over 400 times faster than the Government's minimum definition of superfast broadband (24Mbps).
The 10 GigE solution has been designed with the view that businesses truly want to harness the full power of business tools, from Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) to cloud services and internet-based applications. To do this they should be looking past the many 1 Gigabit per second offerings currently available.
With a 10 GigE connection from Exponential-e, businesses can quickly and easily increase or decrease their bandwidth capacity when they need it. Furthermore, they can split the networks' circuit, using secure Virtual LANs (VLANs) to deliver other services and applications, with any combination of bandwidth. An example of this could be dedicating an entire Gigabit to a 4K video conferencing system.
"The fact that many companies in the UK still struggle for a decent network connection is scandalous. High-capacity bandwidth is critical in delivering vital, internet-connected services that play an important role in carrying out everyday business," said Lee Wade, CEO at Exponential-e.
"Data consumption by UK businesses continues to grow year-on-year and IP traffic is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate of 22 per cent, every year to 2020. This 10 GigE offering is a powerful, smart and agile solution that has the capacity to enable thousands of companies to adopt and run a full suite of modern solutions, as and when they need them. Furthermore, it is a guaranteed way of future-proofing their business for the foreseeable future as more technology advancements come to the fore."
Aside from powerful connectivity, the new 10 GigE service will offer:
- The ability to run multiple services down one 10 GigE pipe – Converging data, voice, video and applications traffic on a single connection.
- DDoS Protection – Built-in Standard DDoS protection
- Flexible Bandwidth Management (A3) – Allowing IT managers to view, manage and control internet traffic and employees' web-browsing activities via a web portal.
- Variable bandwidth – Ability to switch bandwidth up or down daily to cope with projected peaks and troughs in demand.
- A private and uncontended connection – End-to-end fibre from a company's premises all the way to Exponential-e's carrier-class 10 GigE network. This ensures a customer's traffic always takes priority and remains unaffected by consumer peaks in demand for bandwidth.