Eurotech subsidiary Parvus Corporation has announced that the DuraCOR 830, a rugged tactical mission processor subsystem based on an ultra-low power Intel Atom CPU with integrated MIL-STD-1553 databus interfaces has successfully completed military standard qualification testing to extreme MIL-STD-810G environmental conditions, MIL-STD-461F electromagnetic interference/compatibility (EMI/EMC), and MIL-STD-1275/704 power requirements.
With these certifications in place, the DuraCOR 830 computer is now a COTS subsystem proven suitable for deployment in embedded military and aerospace systems applications, saving DoD prime contractors the time and expense of performing such tests on their own in support of government programs. Passing MIL-STD compliance tests ensures that the DuraCOR 830 can operate in harsh conditions onboard un(manned) aircraft, ground vehicles, and maritime platforms.
Optimally designed for Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)-constrained military / aerospace vehicle and aircraft installations, the DuraCOR 830 is mechanically compact (<4" tall, <4lbs weight) and low power (<19W max), this small form-factor computer subsystem integrates Gigabit Ethernet and dual MIL-STD-1553 connectivity from Data Device Corporation (DDC), along with digital I/O and standard PC interfaces, including analog video, audio, 3x USB, 2x RS-232 serial, keyboard, and mouse. For application flexibility, the unit comes with a removable CompactFlash disk pre-loaded with a Linux or Windows Embedded operating system and a second industrial solid state disk (SSD) for additional file storage.
The MIL-STD-810 / 461 qualification parameters included:
- Operating Temperature: -40° to +71°C (-40° to +160°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40° to +85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Shock: 40g Operating Shock, 75g Crash Hazard Shock
- Random Vibration: Jet, Helicopter and Tracked Vehicle Test Profiles
- Humidity: Up to 95% RH, NC (Conformal Coated PWBs)
- Water / Dust Ingress: Sealed IP67 Enclosure - 1 Meter, 30 Minutes Immersion, No Dust Ingress
- Altitude: 30,000 feet (9,144 meters) Operating, 60,000 feet (18,288 meters) Storage
- Rapid Decompression: 8,000 to 40,000 ft (2,438 to 12,192 meters)
- Conducted Emissions: CE102, Power Leads, 10 KHz to 10MHz, basic curve
- Conducted Susceptibility: CS101, Power Leads, 30 Hz to 150 KHz, curve 2 (28V and below)
- Radiated Emissions: RE102, Electric Field, 10 KHz to 18 GHz, figure 3
- Radiated Susceptibility: RS103, Electric Field, 30 MHz to 18 GHz
- Steady State Power Input Voltages, Spikes, Surges per MIL-STD-1275 and MIL-STD-704