HP has announced a new scale-out converged application solution and associated services for the SAP HANA platform. The offerings speed and simplify application transactions and analysis, while enabling organisations to use their data faster for informed decision making.
The newest addition to the portfolio of HP AppSystem for SAP HANA is a highly scalable solution. It is built on an HP Converged Infrastructure that includes industry-leading HP ProLiant BladeSystem servers and the HP X9300 IBRIX Network Storage System with HP P6500 Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA). It delivers high availability and storage capacity for mission-critical workloads running on SAP application software, enabling clients to run business-critical applications.
The solution can be easily integrated with an existing implementation of SAP Business Suite software or the SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW) component to accelerate time to decision. Other client benefits include:
- Investment protection by rapidly scaling to handle at least 640 cores and 8 terabytes (TB) of memory.
- Scalable performance and storage capacity of up to 16 petabytes with the HP X9300 IBRIX Network Storage System. It also provides scalable snapshots, 24/7 background data integrity validation and write-once, read-many (WORM) storage to meet data protection and tiered storage requirements for SAP HANA.
- High performance and availability with HP P6500 EVA, a fifth-generation enterprise storage system that is 20 to 30 percent easier to manage than competitive offerings(1) and includes built-in thin provisioning with dynamic storage tiering.
- Increased resiliency, scalability and efficiency of HP ProLiant BL680 G7 blade servers offer support for up to eight times the capacity of a single-node solution. The blade servers feature a high level of density; maximised input-output, memory and CPU capacity while utilizing DRAM Double Device Data Correction (DDDC); and HP Memory Quarantine to minimise the impact of unplanned downtime.
Speeding the path to SAP HANA
To assist clients in transitioning from SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW) Accelerator software environments to SAP HANA, HP is offering the following services:
- HP Advanced Information Services for SAP HANA provide detailed business and financial benefit analysis to support rapid decision making. Fast Start Services get clients up and running quickly; Design Services help clients build a comprehensive, in-memory analytical solution; and Implementation Services facilitate deployment.
- HP Technology Services offer deep expertise in SAP applications, including SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator and SAP HANA, providing clients with a single point of contact for upgrading or migrating to SAP HANA.
- Asset Recovery Services and Migration Assistance Services from HP Financial Services the company's leasing and life cycle asset management subsidiary to safely, easily and cost-effectively retire old, unneeded IT equipment.
"Clients need faster insight from their vast amounts of information," said Paul Miller, vice president, Converged Systems, HP. "The HP AppSystem for SAP HANA, together with HP consulting experts, delivers simplicity, performance and faster time-to-value in a turnkey solution."
HP Advanced Information Services for SAP HANA and HP Technology Services are available now worldwide. Availability of the new scale-out converged application solution is expected worldwide early next year.
Changing the way clients access and use data
For more than 20 years, HP and SAP have collaborated on solutions that enable clients to use technology to capitalize on their customers' changing needs. HP has completed more than 77,000 installations worldwide of SAP applications, and HP Converged Infrastructure runs nearly half of all SAP installations in the world. HP is a provider of services for SAP environments, supporting 1.7 million users in more than 50 countries.
HP enables organisations to become Instant-On Enterprises by helping them rethink how information is gathered, stored and used harnessing its power and ensuring its integrity and protection, while also delivering it in the context of the enterprise.