Cisco is augmenting its industrial product range for industrial environments with new switches. The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3010 Series (IE3010) has been specifically designed to meet the requirements of industrial applications in factory & process automation. It is also suitable for applications in intelligent transport systems (ITS) e.g. rail transport and mass transit systems.
"For many years already, lots of companies have relied on Cisco's products to operate their corporate networks", says Chet Namboodri, Global Director, Manufacturing Industry Solutions & Marketing, Cisco. "With an ever increasing number of IP-based network solutions being deployed in the industrial environment, we support our customers in this area by providing our long experience in routing and switching. As a result, the IE 3010 Series offers switches adjusted to special requirements and Cisco's high quality standard".
IE 3010: Two configurations for the 19 inch rack switch
The design of the Cisco IE 3010 Series was adapted to the specific requirements of industrial environments. With fanless convection cooling and advanced shock/vibration and surge ratings, the switches may also be used in extremely demanding environments. Thanks to a variety of power supply and input options, the switches supplied in a 19-inch casing are especially variable. They can be mounted in racks or walls and front and rear end LEDs panels allow forward and reverse installation.
A number of administration and connectivity features facilitate the deployment and operation of the switches and enable a broad range of use:
- Support for fibre aggregation (16 SFP ports) and Power over Ethernet configurations
- DHCP for easy deployment, management and smooth replacement
- SD flash memory with swap drive feature allowing the quick replacement of the switches
- High availability, deterministic quality of service behaviour and reliable security thanks to Cisco's IOS software
- Loop avoidance protection using standard Spanning Tree Protocol
- Improved resilience to transmission errors with the support of Cisco Resilient Ethernet Protocol enabling ring topologies and Flex Link, Link State Tracking as well as Ether Channel for other topologies.
Options, availability and more information
The Cisco IE 3010 Series consists of two switch options and two power supply modules:
- Cisco IE-3010-24TC offers 24 10/100BASETX ports and two dual-purpose Gigabit Ethernet uplinks. The uplinks consist of two 10/100/1000BASETX ports and two 100/1000 SFP ports that can be used in various combinations.
- Cisco IE-3010-16S-8PC provides 16 Fast Ethernet SFP ports, complemented by eight 10/100BASETX/PoE ports and two dual-purpose Gigabit Ethernet uplinks.
- Two different power supply units allow connection to different AC/DC supplies.
The Cisco IE 3010 Series is available immediately.