IT management consultancy iCore has signed its first reseller agreement with DNS Arrow for IBM Maximo asset management solutions and IBM's service desk product, Tivoli Service Request Manager.
This is the first software application that iCore will resell in its 10-year history and builds on the existing reseller base for IBM's asset and service management solutions.
IBM Maximo software is a comprehensive asset lifecycle and maintenance management application. Built on a single software platform, IBM Maximo asset management delivers a comprehensive view of all asset types in an organisation, including production, facilities, transportation and IT assets. Tivoli Service Request Manager is part of a unified product suite for asset and service management and has recently been positioned as a leader in the Forrester Service Desk Wave (April 2008).
Greg Lake, Chief Executive, iCore Limited stated: "We have always positioned ourselves as IT agnostic focusing as we do on bringing value to our customers through our extensive consultancy experience. However, with IBM Maximo asset management software and Tivoli Service Request Manager, we have a tremendous opportunity to bring our clients world class asset management and service desk solutions that will seamlessly integrate into many of the service management projects we are currently involved in."
iCore has signed the reseller agreement with DNS Arrow, a specialist IT distributor providing enterprise-class solutions and services focused on data storage, network security and software infrastructure. The company has close alliances with the world's leading IT vendors, enabling it to deliver innovative solutions through its channel partners, from initial consultation, planning and design, through engineering build to implementation.
IBM's asset and service management solutions will enable iCore's customers to gain insight across all of their assets, service desk, their conditions and work processes around them for better planning and control.
IBM Maximo will:
- Manage asset deployment, specifications, monitoring, calibration, costing and tracking from a single system.
- Provide a comprehensive maintenance work management solution for planned and unplanned activities including long- and short-term planning, preventive, reactive and condition-based maintenance, schedule management, resource optimisation and key performance indicators.
- Plan inventory to meet maintenance demand precisely, making the right parts available at the right location when needed.
- Manage vendor contracts with comprehensive contract management support for purchase, lease, rental, warranty, rate, master, blanket and user-defined contracts.
- Define service offerings and establish service level agreements (SLAs) to help align service levels with business objectives.
Greg Lake continued: "Our extensive consultancy experience in service management has been forged on our innate knowledge of the entire IT operations lifecycle. IBM's asset and service management solutions will greatly enhance our offering, further enabling our customers to make informed decisions on their asset base to gain maximum return on their investments."