|INFORMATION: Free information is available from KODAK on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Featuring a simplified user interface to set up even the most complex capture jobs, as well as enhanced image processing capabilities, KODAK Capture Pro Software enables businesses to achieve automation and control content management workflow at the point of image capture.
KODAK Capture Pro Software combines performance and functionality in an easy to use application, to optimise Kodak scanners and increase overall scanning productivity.
Compatible with nearly all Kodak document scanners, Capture Pro Software minimises user training through its intuitive, easy-to-use interface that saves time and money. The new software provides improved methods for capturing and extracting information, including intelligent selective image display and post scan image-processing features.
To create a comprehensive capture environment, businesses need to have options in building a solution that can specifically meet demands of an existing workflow, yet be flexible enough to adjust to business growth and change. Businesses can no longer afford to adapt to the limitations of a software application, said Hauke Fast, EAMER Product Manager, Document Imaging, Kodaks Graphic Communications Group.
KODAK Capture Pro Software delivers many effective choices for fine-tuning a capture workflow. Streamlined information input and output is made possible through a user interface that can be customised for their needs, image and index data capture automation, and support for multiple formats of data output.
The interface minimises the need for extensive training and allows businesses to start maximising advanced scanning features right out of the box. New also is the single click capture capability which helps condense potentially complex capture tasks to a simple push of a button or selection of a user-definable shortcut: scan and send to email, scan to PDF, automatically index, name and output image files, - the possibilities are endless. Whether working with a desktop or a high volume model, the KODAK Capture Pro interface allows for walk up functionality from any KODAK Scanner.
KODAK Capture Pro Software saves users time and increases efficiency through:
- Advanced document/batch separation (based on variables of barcode, patch code, blank page, OCR zone, number of pages) provides a reliable way to automatically break up documents while simultaneously indexing information.
- Automatic page orientation correction effectively improves throughput to ensure that images are captured accurately to provide the best representation of the original document.
- Batch Explorer gives a complete overview of what has been captured, allows for quick selections and allows for convenient actions with multiple selected objects at a time, increasing overall productivity and batch integrity.
- Background batch processing provides significant productivity gains for the overall capture operation as operators may continue to scan into new batches while previously captured batched are being output.
- Post processing tools allow users to complete commonly requested tasks without needing to re-scan, such as image inserting, manual rotation, batch image processing or page re-ordering.
- Images and data can be output to multiple destinations at the same time, allowing the use of completely customisable settings for each of the destinations.
- Fully optimised support for the dual stream scanning capabilities is evidenced throughout the product: all features are available for both black-and-white and colour, and streams can be output separately.
- The Find and View application provides easy retrieval and viewing capabilities for batches that have been written to fixed or removable media.
KODAK Capture Pro Software gives users increased capability and flexibility through:
- Continuous flatbed scanning and import of images allows bound materials, such as books and magazines or large format drawings or digital pictures, to be consolidated into a single project for easier workflow management.
- Viewing capabilities enable users to see fine detail through scrolling or zooming and eliminate image clutter by isolating important image data on specific regions of scanned images. The new optional Thumbnail viewer further enhances the operators ability to be in control of the capture operation.
- Image output file format compatibility includes TIFF, JPEG, JPEG2000, Multi-Page TIFF, and Searchable PDF.
- Improved indexing utilises virtually unlimited index fields and recognises various character formats, including optical characters (OCR) and magnetic ink (MICR).