www.itjobsforgraduates.com reveals results of recent survey
A survey of 50 key organisations in the UK has found that IT graduate recruitment plans are still forging ahead for 2008.
Results of the survey found that:
- 94% said that the recent turbulence in the banking sector had made no impact on graduate hiring plans within this sector.
- 56% planned to increase their graduate hiring numbers in 2008
- 36% planned to hold their graduate hiring numbers in 2008
- 8% planned to decrease their graduate hiring numbers in 2008
Comments from respondents included:
- "A lot of projects are still running and scheduled for 2008"
- "IT is a growing area of the bank and graduates are an excellent source of young talent"
- "We are moving into new solution areas where graduate recruitment is more appropriate so this is a new source of talent for us."
Alex Farrell, Director at the IT Job Board Group said, "With the shortage of young people entering the IT industry, it is imperative that we keep a positive view of the employment outlook - especially within the banking sector. The results of this survey confirm our beliefs that it's still a strong sector from an IT perspective, and graduates are still very much in demand."
itjobsforgraduates.com is the only job board on the market to cater solely for graduates wanting to work in technology. Its selection of more than 1200 IT-only positions across a range of industry sectors offered by a variety of key graduate recruiters including Bloomberg, Cap Gemini, EDS and Morgan Stanley, ensures that newly-qualified job seekers do not have to search through extensive lists of irrelevant posts in order to find those which are suitable.
The site is part of the IT Job Board group of online recruitment sites which was set up in April 2002 in recognition that recruitment in the IT sector was increasingly dominated by the internet. It is now one of the leading IT specific job boards in the UK and Europe.