OKI Printing Solutions, a leading business colour printer manufacturer, has appointed Phil Scrase as its new UK Managing Director and Regional Vice President, Western Region, with immediate effect.
Phil, an OKI employee for 15 years, has been acting Managing Director since 31st March, following the early retirement of Chris Gill, whilst simultaneously continuing his role as Vice President of Consumables EMEA. He is also Chair for the Imaging Consumables Coalition of Europe (ICCE), which campaigns against counterfeit consumables within the printer industry. Phil will continue to oversee the Consumables Division until a successor is appointed.
Phil has more than 20 years experience working in the UK IT sector across a variety of roles in AES, Wordplex Information Systems, Norsk Data and Bull Information Systems. He holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Speaking on his appointment, Rainer Sauer, CEO and Chairman, OKI Printing Solutions, EMEA said: Phil is a seasoned executive and has proven himself as an invaluable member of the OKI UK team, since taking on the difficult task of balancing his consumables role with that of Interim MD, OKI UK and Regional Vice President, Western Region. He continues to admirably manage the challenge and I greatly appreciate his commitment and contribution.
Phil commented, Its an exciting time to be taking up the helm at OKI Printing Solutions UK. This is a company making bold steps towards the number one position by giving UK businesses real and affordable alternatives.
Our new category defining A3 colour products the C8000 Series has helped launch us into the top tier for business colour, and were determined to replicate this across all segments of our business.
OKIs success must be attributed to the valued relationships we have with our channel and business partners. These partners have and will continue to remain central to our business needs, in addition to the absolute commitment to keep our core audience UK businesses at the heart of everything we do.
About OKI Printing Solutions
- OKI Printing Solutions is the brand name of Oki Data Corporation
- Annual turnover for Oki Data Corporation is $1.4bn (FY05)
- OKI Printing Solutions sales are divided between 49% EMEA, 28% Americas, 16% Asia and Oceania and 7% Others
- OKI Printing Solutions is represented in 120 countries worldwide
- OKI Printing Solutions has been the proud sponsor of the Premier Leagues Portsmouth Football club for the past two seasons
- Oki Electric, established in 1881, is a Japanese electronics manufacturer with an annual turnover of approx. $5.8bn (FY05)
- Oki Electric employs approx. 21,175 people throughout the world with 6,581 employees outside Japan