Casio has launched an option for the rugged DT-930, its ergonomic, entry-level scanning terminal.
This option allows the DT-930 to be dropped to concrete from 2 metres without any adverse effects, an increase of 0.2 metres from the standard device. The option, a light-weight rubber device that fits securely around the screen, still allows easy access to the trigger buttons for easy scanning.
The DT-930 offers workers in a wide variety of vertical markets an economical way to more efficiently record information. With an incredible battery life of up to 200 hours of continuous operation from 2 x AA alkaline batteries, the DT-930 is the ideal tool to increase productivity. With large backlit plastic keys, operation is easy even in dark environments such as warehouses or stock rooms. The bright, high contrast monochrome LCD display is also easy to read indoors or outdoors.
The rugged terminal features two choices of high-speed laser scanner a straight type, which is ideal for retail stocktaking, and an angled type which is suited for scanning packages, pages of barcodes or for fashion retail. For accurate scanning the unit also has three scan confirmation methods, vibration, a large LED or beep to ensure accurate scanning even in noisy or dark environments.
Bluetooth is standard on both models allowing wireless connectivity to Bluetooth printers for printing shelf edge labels.
Key features of the DT-930 series:
- High-performance laser scanner with a resolution of 0.127mm and maximum scanning distance of 450mm
- Easy to confirm successful scans with vibrator, buzzer and large 3-colour LED
- Excellent drop impact resistance (up to 1.8 metres or 2 metres with optional accessory), IP54 level dust and water-splash protection, and a broad operating temperature range of 20C to 50C
- Your choice of 2 power sources - either AA-size alkaline batteries or rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Continuous operation of approx. 200 hours when powered by two AA-size alkaline batteries / approx. 50 hours when powered by rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Large plastic backlit keys, ideal for dimly lit environments such as warehouses and stock rooms
Bluetooth Specification Ver.1.2 (for wireless communication with portable Bluetooth printers)
- Large memory capacity for installation of application software or data backup (F-ROM 16MB)
- Application software and optional cradles compatible with DT-900
DT-930/M50E Angled type
DT-930/M51E Straight type
The Casio DT-930 series is currently available in the UK and Eire from Casios dealer network.