The battery is one of the most "alive" components of a high availability power installation. MGE UPS SYSTEMS, the world leader in UPS associated Services, offers two risk prevention systems to minimize risks due to the natural or accidental deterioration of batteries, B1000 and Cellwatch.
A faulty battery affects all or part of the operational autonomy of the emergency supply for an electrical installation. When they do not directly have an incidence on safety (lethal devolatilization or fire risks), these deteriorations cause an irriversible loss of supply continuity which is extremely costly for the company.
Anticipate the risk to avoid all the consequences
The solution to avoid such situations arising is to act early by implementing tools to anticipate maintenance operations and immediate interventions in the case of a state judged to be abnormal.
The predictive approach of the B1000 and CellWatch: imperative for the company's productivity and the profitability of the "UPS" installation
- Monitoring which leaves nothing to chance
The B1000 and CellWatch systems are based on the principle of monitoring the battery elements block by block. They continuously measure the values synonymous with their correct functioning: voltage, temperature, charging and discharging current, impedance, etc. according to user defined parameters.
- The information required, at the right moment
These readings mean that all tell tale signs of the modification of one of these values are immediately identified and can be analyzed by MGE's experts. It thus becomes possible to schedule an intervention: medium to long-term replacement of the complete battery or rapid repair work to the system.
The financial gain for the company is considerable:
- optimization of battery service life,
- anticipation of a major financial investment such as the replacement of battery chains,
- savings achieved by the instantaneous intervention in the event of an emergency.
- CellWatch is recommended for high criticality applications:
-Critical continuous processes
-B1000 is recommended for:
-Telecom relay stations and bays.
- The B1000 and Cellwatch solutions form part of the MGE PowerServices catalogue, the first worldwide organisation for associated services to high availability power solutions.
- Upon simple request, a MGE UPS SYSTEMS sales engineer will carry out an audit of the customer installation and recommend the technological solution suited to his exact requirement.