Ektron Inc., an innovator in Web content management and authoring software, has announced Ektron CMS300 Version 4.5, a content management solution that answers real-world business and Web site needs. The new version offers a more intuitive user experience, Web-based form capabilities and enhanced calendar features. CMS300 Version 4.5 advances the Web strategies of marketing, HR, sales and other business groups.
Nearly every organisation has wrestled with this dilemma: how to make it more efficient to manage their Web site and intranets while adopting a solution that delivers a measurable return on investment, said William Rogers, CEO, Ektron, Inc. Ektrons solutions eliminate Web complexities, make internal processes more efficient, satisfy site visitors and ultimately drive higher profits.
Ektron continues to make it easier for organisations to meet their real-world business goals and develop successful Web strategies, while delivering a CMS that produces true ROI. We enable business users to help manage Web sites and enable developers and Webmasters to focus on strategic projects. Ektrons solutions decrease the time-to-Web for content and applications; enable users to easily create and extend XML data and documents; and ensure that content is fresh and accurate, keeping Web site visitors coming back.
CMS300 Version 4.5 reduces the time to market of data and reports by giving marketing teams the power to create and deploy Web-based forms, to capture validated information, and to take action on the information. For example, a user can collect visitor information on a public-facing Web form, save it in a repository, export it to Microsoft Excel and use it to run marketing campaigns. With CMS300 it is no longer necessary for a developer to create a Web form; business users can do it quickly from their browser and apply validation criteria.
Key Features of CMS300 Version 4.5
* HTML forms management: Powerful validation criteria can be assigned to public-facing HTML Web forms. Business users can click and choose several commonly used, out-of-the box validation rules to HTML form fields, ensuring that data collected on Web sites meets specific criteria. Once collected data is stored in a repository.Users can also auto email form data as well as export as XML to a third party application.Reports can be exported to Microsoft Excel, for further analysis, and used for marketing campaigns and other business processes.
* eWebEditPro+XML V4.1: The newest version of Ektrons browser-based XML authoring tool is embedded in CMS300. It gives users the ability to create XML smart forms for internal deployment, collect and validate data, and display it in multiple outputs. The editor now includes spreadsheet-like math capabilities and other powerful attributes.
* Calendar enhancements: Enable events to span multiple dates; events can be created once and set to recur on a regular schedule. Web visitors can view similar events on a calendar in a single view.
* User-friendly user interface: Ektron has improved the CMS300 user experience by giving it the familiar look and feel of Microsoft Outlook 2003. Allowing business users to work in an environment thats familiar to them helps to make a Web content strategy successful.
* Menus: CMS300 allows business users, not only developers, to maintain and control multi-level navigation menus, and include items such as content blocks, library assets, external hyperlinks, forms, and other menus.