What is Plumtrees route to market?
Plumtree sells its products both directly and through partners, such as systems integrators, ISVs, resellers and OEMs. We believe in making our products available to the right channel that our customers want to use when they make a buying decision on a business solution.
Why do you think partners and customers choose Plumtree? And, why should new partners choose to work with Plumtree?
Customers and partners choose Plumtree because Plumtree is the only vendor able to span different application servers, manage a wide range of content, and assemble a volume and variety of Web applications. Plumtree's unique abilities include:
- Openness to different application servers and programming languages, so every part of the business can use its own tools to build portal applications.
- Integration, so that the portal, search, collaboration, integration and content management services used to build applications work together, for low TCO.
- Multi-applications support, so that customers can deliver a wide range of applications, each with its own ROI, managed in one environment.
- Customer ROI, because Plumtree customers use our software to deploy portal applications, not empty sites.
New partners should choose to work with Plumtree because of these aforementioned reasons, as well as because of our Web services architecture, our developer tools, our cohesive collaboration, portal, content management capabilities, and our install base of 600 customers. Lastly, partners choose to work with Plumtree because we provide an ROI and can mitigate their risk in implementations.
How do you support your channel?
Plumtree's Alliances Programme supports three types of partnerships:
- Application Partners: software companies and other types of solution providers developing service-oriented applications based on Plumtree's Enterprise Web Suite.
- Software and Content Partners: software companies, business service providers, content providers, platform vendors and other companies whose technology offerings can be integrated in customers' Enterprise Web deployments.
- Consulting Partners: systems integrators that deploy solutions based on the Plumtree Enterprise Web Suite; consulting partners may also offer customers development, training and business consulting services, and may act as a sales agent for Plumtree.
The Plumtree Alliances Programme is directly linked to the Plumtree Sales Organisation.In the field, we employ Channel Managers who work on a local level with the members of our Alliances Programme to drive revenue opportunities through these partners. We metric these relationships to drive accountability at both the global and local levels.
What benefits and incentives do you offer to your existing partners/new partners?
One example of an incentive programme announced in March of this year is Plumtrees Applications Incubator, a programme that supports partners building service-oriented applications using the Plumtree Enterprise Web Suite. The programme offers qualified application partners engineering, marketing and sales support, with an engineering team dedicated to co-developing Plumtree-powered applications, subsidised marketing forums for approaching Plumtrees install-base, and opportunities for co-selling with Plumtrees sales force. To support its inaugural application partners, Plumtree is offering eligible partners a one-year OEM license of the Plumtree Enterprise Web Suite for as little as $25,000 per quarter.
At what times of the year do you recruit new partners?
Plumtree recruits partners all year-round. Plumtree is committed to providing a consistent and predictable partnering experience that generates substantial revenue and ROI for our partners.
Do you want new partners now?
Yes, we are very eager to work with partners and grow the ecosystem around Plumtree.