The organisers of the 'Powering the Cloud' conferences SNW Europe, Datacenter Technologies and Virtualization World have unveiled the latest agenda to reveal a programme packed with valuable learning and networking opportunities for IT professionals looking to stay ahead of recent developments in data storage, virtualisation, networking and other datacentre technologies. To be held at the Congress Frankfurt on 30th and 31st October 2012 and with a dedicated press day on 29th, the 'Powering the Cloud' sponsors line up now matches that of 2011 in numbers (70), a significant achievement at a time when independent trade shows and conferences are shrinking in size.
Keynote themes include Big Data and analytics, next-generation data protection, datacentre networking as well as a diverse range of sessions on virtualization and cloud computing. In addition, the conferences will feature a number of leading analyst houses and independent commentators hosting a series of half-day Spotlight sessions addressing the key issues and topics affecting most organisations' IT strategies and needs.
An exciting development this year is that 'Powering the Cloud' events has teamed up with CloudCamp to add an open platform where attendees can discuss the latest developments related to cloud computing. CloudCamp takes the form of an informal event that focuses on content rather than sales, providing excellent networking opportunities with fellow "clouderati". CloudCamp Frankfurt is being held on October 30th (3.50pm) in the Frankfurt Messe. Vendors including Amplidata, Aspera, Intel and Quantum will all be present along with SNIA Europe.
In response to popular demand, there will also be training opportunities with a hands-on-lab running on both days. Supported by Intel, the labs will be run by a wealth of vendors including Datacore Software, HP and Intel
Confirmed Spotlight sessions:
- Big Data & Analytics chaired by 451 Research
- Cloud Storage and SaaS chaired by 451 Research
- Converged Infrastructures chaired by 451 Research
- Data Security in the Cloud chaired by EuroCloud Deutschland
- Datacentre Networking chaired by Neuralytix
- Disaster Recovery Techniques: How to protect your data chaired by Krischer & Associates
- Next Generation Data Protection chaired by Storage Switzerland
- Solid State Storage and its Impact on the IT Environment chaired by The Evaluator Group
- The Infrastructure Impact of Virtualisation chaired by The Evaluator Group
An updated sponsors list is also now available and it reveals that 30% will be exhibiting in Frankfurt for the first time. While other high-profile vendors have been returning to the events year after year including Dell, which is expanding its presence with partners Circular and Medialine in the Dell Partners Pavillion, and BITKOM Anwenderforum which is running a full-day track on 31st about IT appliances. This year VMware will participate at the highest level (Platinum) for the first and the events will also be supported by their vCloud group.
"End-users and resellers have a wide range of events to choose from. That's why we are always tweaking and updating our content and to date the numbers show that we have continued to offer a valued product," said Paul Trowbridge, program director of the 'Powering the Cloud' events. "By listening to feedback from sponsors and attendees alike, we are able to ensure that the events are current, topical and that they cover the most pressing challenges facing data centre professionals and channel players today."
Confirmed sponsors include:
- Platinum: DataCore Software, Dell, Fujitsu, Oracle, VMware
- Gold: Brocade, Emulex, FCIA, Kaspersky Lab, Hitachi Data Systems, NetApp, Quantum, SNIA Europe, vCloud
- Silver+: Actifio, Amplidata, Aspera, Avere Systems, CommVault, Dell Partner Direct, Dell Partner Direct Premier Circular, Dell Partner Direct Premier Medialine, Dot Hill, FalconStor, F5 Networks, FalconStor, Fusion-io, Imation, Intel, LSI, Methode, Nexenta, Overland Storage, Progress DataDirect, QLogic, Quest Software, Riverbed, Rosenberger OSI, SafeNet, Scality, Seagate, SGI, SMART Storage Systems, SolarWinds, Spectra Logic, STEC, Syncsort, Synology, Trend Micro, Veeam Software, Viking Technology, Virtual Instruments, X-IO, Xsigo Systems
- Silver: Adaptive Computing, FAST LTA, Inktank, LG, Nimble, Nimbus, NovaStor, OCZ, PoINT Software & Systems GmbH, QNAP Systems, qSkills, Rausch Netzwerktechnil GmbH, SanDisk, SmartOptics, Texas Memory Systems, WD, Whiptail
Tom Leyden, Director of Alliances & Marketing at Amplidata said 'As datacentres administrators have larger and larger amounts of data to manage, traditional technologies become unsuitable as they were not designed with Big Data in mind; object storage however was built to easily and routinely deal with petabytes of information. Today there is still a lot of work to do in terms of educating partners and end users about the various benefits this new paradigm brings to the table. The 'Powering the Cloud' conferences offer the best format to deliver this information and this is one of the reasons why Amplidata will once again be a sponsor.'
Christine Bachmayer, senior Manager Marketing EMEA at Quantum is also another event supporter 'For nine years SNW Europe and now the Powering the Cloud conferences have been suitable platforms to meet potential and existing customers of our backup and storage solutions. Quantum is proud of being a gold sponsor again and we are looking forward to share our expertise on how to simplify data protection across different environments and how to maximise the value of our customers' data.'
Molly Rector, Chief Marketing Officer and EVP Product Management at Spectra Logic agreed 'Spectra Logic remains one of the leading innovators in the backup and archive space, with a range of products and technologies that end users continue to adopt in growing numbers. Year after year SNW Europe has proved to be a valuable tool in our sales and marketing plan and we are looking forward to showcasing our latest developments at the 2012 event.'
Chris James, EMEA marketing director at Virtual Instruments was also in agreement 'This will be our third year at the Powering the Cloud conferences; as Virtual Instruments continues to grow internationally this event is a cost-effective way of reaching out to a pan-European audience with a single effort. No other vendor-independent show sees as many quality delegates under one roof. Definitely worth the time and investment.'
To register for free, use promo code P22M12 on www.poweringthecloud.com/registration
To register for a complimentary press/blogger/analyst pass please email: [email protected]