Advantech has announced the launch of its MIO-2261. This all-in-one Pico-ITX embedded Single Board Computer (SBC) is designed around an Intel ultra low power Atom N2600/N2800 dual core processor. It measures only 100 x 72 mm (same dimensions as a 2.5" Hard Disk) which makes it easy to embed into space-limited systems, making it a perfect fit for power saving environments.
MIO-2261 not only features low power consumption and small footprint, but it is also equipped with flexible multiple I/O expansion and interfaces (MIOe interface) to meet different application needs. The configurable interface design gives flexibility to bundled I/O modules and thus helps deliver more efficient scheduling using less development resources, and helps customers retain their specialist domain knowhow. MIO-2261's compact size, ultra ow power comsumption, and high performance make it suitable for embedded handheld devices, medical and industrial equipment, small HMIs, and intelligent home automation.
MI/O Extension Simplifies Integration with Flexible Design
MIO-2261 provides flexible, modular design capability through its innovative MIOe interface. Advantech also provides a reference design guide and test evaluation board for the customer who wants to design modules in a simpler way. By connecting with MIOe unified connector through high speed sockets, customers get additional flexible I/O choices to fulfill different vertical applications. MIO-2261 integrates several interfaces on the MIOe connector which include compatibility with DisplayPort or HDMI, 2 x PCIe x1, 2 x USB 2.0, HD Audio Line-out ,SMbus and LPC, as well as 5Vsb , 12Vsb and power control signal. MIOe modules can be completely customized to meet customer requirements as well as saving their investment cost and shortening development time.
Ultra Low Power & Reliability Enhancement Design
MIO-2261 comes with Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz/ N2800 1.86GHz dual core processors with NM10 chipset, and DDR3 memory up 4 GB. The power consumption at full load on MIO-2261 is only 8 to 9.6 Watts. The fanless design makes MIO-2261 more reliable, and gives it a longer MTBF, without dust or noise issues. MIO-2261 features a single 12V DC power input design with a +/- 10% tolerance, supporting a DC power hot-plug design which protects it from current fluctuations that otherwise might damage the board when DC power hot plugging. For high reliability and endurance in extreme environments, Advantech's MIO-2261 is designed with a high-level, industrial-grade ESD COM port driver IC (15KV air protection/8KV contact protection for RS-232), 100% solid capacitors with better MTBF compared to electrolytic capacitors, TG-150 PCB type that allows the PCB to endure higher temperatures, and TVS (Transient Voltage Suppressor) design on the power input side to protect MIO-2261 from voltage transients induced by lightning and other transient voltage events. MIO-2261 is a reliable single board computer solution that is well designed, and built with high quality materialsall backed up by advanced customization and integration services.
Industrial Cloud Services Built-in with SUSIAccess
MIO-2261 directly supports Advantech's latest Industrial Cloud ServicesSUSIAccess. SUSIAccess allows our customers to monitor and remotely control embedded devices in real-time. The services include remote device monitoring, machine switching, desktop connections, system protection and recovery; all of which help customers to manage multiple terminal devices through a single console. Software programs in the industrial cloud immediately grasp an equipment malfunction, process real-time maintenance, and enhance system security protection mechanisms. These remote operations significantly improve maintenance efficiency and reduce demands on personnel and time. Moreover, its active update feature also improves the system stability and efficiency.
- MI/O-Ultra series (Pico-ITX form factor): 100 x 72 mm (3.9" x 2.8")
- Intel N2600 1.6G/ N2800 1.86G dual core processors + NM10, DDR3 800/1066MHz up to 4 GB
- DirectX 9, MPEG2 H/W acceleration, H.264/ VC1/ WMV9 (H/W Decode/Acceleration)
- Dual Independent display: 18/24-bit LVDS + VGA
- One Intel GbE, Rich I/O interface with 2 x COM, 1 x SATA, 4 x USB 2.0, 8-bit GPIO, HD Audio Line-in/out, SMBus, I2C, mSATA, half-size mini-PCIe
- mSATA: supports either mSATA storage or USB interface communication module.
- Extended Interface support from MIOe: DisplayPort or HDMI , 2 x PCIe x1, LPC, SMBus, 2 x USB 2.0, HD audio line-out, 5VSB/12VSB
- Supports 12 V +/- 10% input power and DC power hot plug design
- 15KV Air ESD protection COM port design
- TVS design (Transient Voltage Suppressor) at power input side
- WinCE7.0, Windows XP/XP Embedded, Windows 7, WES7, Linux and Vxwork OS Support
- Supports Advantech's SUSIAccess and embedded Software API and Utility.
- Thermal Solutions: Fanless design on MIO-2261, as well as with optional heat spreader solution for bundling which makes whole system more compact.
MIO-2261 will be available by the beginning of July, 2012. For more information about MIO-2261 or the new form factor MI/O Extension, please contact a local sales office, or visit us on the web at http://www.advantech.com.tw/embcore/mio_extension_sbc.aspx.