DAP Technologies is a leading manufacturer of rugged mobile computing solutions and services for use in harsh environments, including utilities, field service, EMS/public safety, military and transportation and logistics. The company employs a 150-strong team worldwide, covering our head office and manufacturing plant in
Q: What is DAP Technologies route to market?
A: DAP partner with a network of vertically aligned systems integrators or Value Added Resellers (VARs), to supply the end user with a complete and best of breed solution, tailored to suit individual criteria that will improve the working practices of mobile professionals.
Q: Why do you think partners and customers choose DAP? And, why should new partners choose to work with DAP? Please also insert details of products.
A: There are a combination of reasons.
- Product - Initially partners may approach DAP because of our unique but complimentary portfolio of fully rugged mobile computers that deliver increased performance capabilities and exceptional reliability.
- People DAP employ excellent people who genuinely care about our products, partners and users.
- Proactive approach When you enter into a partnership with DAP, we hope it is for the long term. To achieve this we take the time to listen & understand our partners business model & requirements, along with the characteristics of their chosen vertical sector and then proactively work with them to develop new business for our mutual benefit.
If partners want to work with a leading vendor that employs a flexible approach and will deliver on its promises, whether thats to provide a stable platform on which they can confidently run their application, gain proactive support or gain excellent margins, they should talk to DAP.
Q: How do you support your channel?
A: Examples of this would include our partners access to service & solutions (PASS) programme through which we look to address the different need of our partners business for example:
- Marketing Produce and agree a suitable plan to promote our relationship.
- Technical support Product training is offered at partner site or head office in
, so as the technical staff are fully conversant with all aspects of the applicable model for efficient configuration/deployment & on going end user support. Quebec
- Sales Free sales training to ensure the sales team not only understand the product specification & features, but also the user/business benefits to be gained by investing in DAP.
- Hands on approach working with sales team on anything from cold calls to joint visits, presentation and seminars.
Q: What benefits and incentives do you offer to your existing partners/new partners?
A: (The list is extensive.)
- A true partnership approach from a vendor focused solely on manufacturing best in class, fully rugged mobile computer devices
- Excellent margins
- Proactive sales/marketing and technical support with dedicated contacts
- VAR kit including sales and marketing tools
- Marketing development fund for joint marketing initiatives
- Free technical- and sales training
- Free technical support via the
service centre, where your staff can talk to a real person or access a dedicated VAR website for quick up to date information and support UK
- Complete hardware solutions to include peripherals, installation/configuration services and extended warranties to fully support their customers and leave them free to concentrate on their core activities.
Q: At what times of the year do you recruit new partners?
A: DAP Technologies is keen to work with a limited number of carefully selected partners with vertical market expertise, who wish to form a partnership with a vendor who will deliver on its promises and make a proactive contribution towards our mutual success
Q: Do you want new partners now?