Ethernet-based data networks have become indispensable in the industrial arena. Ethernet networks are connecting sensors, machinery, control systems, computers and data centres. Harting is now also offering expedient interfaces in the form of its Han 1A series of miniaturised industrial connectors.
The series features two new inserts to facilitate fast and secure data transmission. A D-coded version can provide end devices with up to 100 Mbit/s Cat 5 Fast Ethernet, thereby facilitating Profinet-based communication. The second, X-coded version can provide end devices with up to 10 Gbit/s, Cat 6A connections - High-Speed Ethernet. This performance is required, for example, by applications involving live camera systems. Both data versions feature complete shielding and are fitted with crimp contacts.
The Han 1A series impresses with compact, lightweight and highly versatile connectors in a rectangular plastic housing. It is particularly well suited to connecting decentralised devices, promoting modular system design and supporting miniaturisation in machine building automation. Han 1A solutions require up to 30% less space by comparison with the next-smallest rectangular connectors in the current Harting portfolio.
With the introduction of these new plug-in data connectors, the series is now offering solutions spanning all three lifelines in automation technology – data, signal and power.
Han 1A offering a wealth of benefits:
- A connector for all three lifelines of industry.
- Modular system: all data insert attachments and accessories can be used for power and signal versions. In this respect, the series follows the principle of a small number of components facilitating a wide range of different versions, thereby reducing storage costs.
- Han® 1A features fast, simple and secure locking systems: a snap-in latch or a locking lever.
- Compared to circular connectors with metal housings, the high-performance plastic in the Han 1A series also delivers the benefits of lower weight.
- Virtually unlimited applications: in shielded (e.g. control cabinets) and unshielded industrial settings. IP20 and IP65 solutions can be configured as desired.
- The Han 1A series is also ideal for the rail sector; the series meets the requirements for R22 (interior) / R23 (exterior) in accordance with EN 45545-2 as well as shock and vibration resistance requirements as stipulated by EN 61373, Cat. 2.
The Han 1A series impresses with compact, lightweight and highly versatile rectangular plastic connectors. It is claimed to be particularly well-suited to connecting decentralised devices and enabling modular system designs, thereby supporting miniaturisation in machinery and automation.