Qumulo, provider of enterprise-proven hybrid cloud file storage, has announced software advancements that enable enterprises to integrate modern file storage while seamlessly meeting organisational security and access standards already in place.
“Qumulo’s software is designed from the ground up to help enterprises unlock the value of file data that is often spread across multiple data centers and in the cloud. Our distributed file system enables customers to have instant visibility to large, unstructured data sets and scale-across on-prem and the cloud,” said Ben Gitenstein, vice president, product management, for Qumulo. “Our software releases over the past quarter allow us to adapt, reprioritise, and respond as customer and market conditions evolve, and in turn deliver superior value for our customers in the form of new features.”
“As unstructured file data volumes continue to grow dramatically, businesses can’t afford to waste valuable time waiting on software updates with new functionality to solve new challenges,” said Patrick Osborne, vice president and general manager, Big Data and Secondary Storage, at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “The combination of Qumulo’s hybrid cloud file storage, together with HPE Apollo servers, provides large enterprises with reliable, high performance and cost-effective file storage at petabyte scale.”
Through the last quarter, Qumulo’s agile development process introduced the following enhancements to all of its users:
Enterprise & Security:
- Alternate Data Streams - Increase data access across both Windows and Mac environments by enabling files to receive more than one stream of data
- Audit Tracking - Easily view who has accessed, modified, or deleted files
- Enhanced Replication - Have confidence in the integrity of your data during a disaster by getting to a consistent known state with minimal impact to the business
- Mac OS X Finder Enhancements - Display performance is now 10 times faster than SMB display performance. Improved file management with the “._hidden” files no longer being created and the “finder tags” being retain with their tags when copied.
- IO Assurance - Balance performance during a drive rebuild
- C5n clusters now available in AWS
- Enhanced Real-Time Analytics - Visibility into capacity usage and trends for snapshots, metadata, and data independently
- Refreshed Management Interface - Easy-to-use user interface that is even more intuitive, making it simple to gather results at-a-glance
- Upgrade Path Options - Take control of when you want to access new features. Move between biweekly and quarterly upgrade paths flexibly