Datto, provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers (MSPs), has launched several new product enhancements designed to further empower its MSP partners.
The new features include Rapid Rollback, a groundbreaking server restoration tool, as well as major improvements to the Autotask PSA Task UI and a new Lifetime Warranty for all Datto Networking APs, Switches, and Managed Power devices.
"At Datto, we've always focused on our MSP partners, and the capabilities we revealed today at DattoCon will make it easier for them to deliver reliable, scalable services to grow their businesses," said Austin McChord, Datto's CEO and Founder. "Our broad portfolio of products continues to create opportunities for MSPs to attract new customers and develop deeper relationships with existing customers, and our open ecosystem guarantees partners can choose the best tools for their needs - even if they are not ours."
Among the new features announced by McChord are comprehensive enhancements to the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) platform, including:
- Rapid Rollback: Restore file systems to working order after major unwanted changes have occurred, without needing to reimage the entire machine. The tool runs comparison checks between existing system files and the last backup to automatically detect and restore only the changed files in the image, freeing up significant time for the MSP.
- Advanced Backup Verification: A series of automated checks designed to give you 100% confidence in your backups, including system integrity, volume and VSS checks, as well as, Application and Service Verification, and support for custom scripts.
- Autotask PSA Integration: Enables MSPs to manage their entire Datto Continuity fleet right from their Autotask PSA using templated Datto dashboards and a new Datto device ticket category.
The Autotask Professional Services Automation (PSA) user interface continues to see improvements, with most recent updates including:
- New Task UI: Features a complete overhaul to the project management experience with new Task Categories, Timelines, Checklists, and Insights.
- Native iOS mobile application: Allows managers to view their Dashboards and stay on top of their ever-evolving organization on the go.
The company also announced that after market surveys and partner input, the Autotask remote monitoring and management (RMM) tool, Endpoint Management, has been renamed Datto RMM. Datto RMM will see updates in the coming weeks, including:
- Reporting: New flexibility allows customers to create accurate reports without having to start from scratch, providing MSPs and their clients clear visibility on the status of delivered services.
- Antivirus and patch status detection: A single-source of truth for Antivirus and patch status on any managed device, saving MSPs time.
- End-user ticketing: These improvements give users the ability to seamlessly create tickets instantly from the system tray, and have them flow directly into Autotask PSA, reducing ticket response time and increasing customer satisfaction.
Datto Networking responded to MSP feedback with new programs, new features and new products, including:
- Lifetime Warranty: Effective immediately, Datto Networking APs, Switches and Managed Power devices ship with a Lifetime Warranty. The warranty applies retroactively to these devices purchased under the Datto Networking brand.
- Datto Networking Mobile App: Now available in the Google Play Store, the app streamlines network deployments and management for MSPs, allowing them to view and monitor all APs, switches, managed power devices and clients--including device health, bandwidth and power usage.
- AP62: Datto's next-generation wireless access point joins the current AP42, completing Datto's transition to 802.11ac Wave 2 APs.
- E24: The new E24 switch replaces the previous E24 model and offers two 10Gb SFP uplink ports and an increased PoE budget of 410W.
Updates and new features added to Autotask Workplace, Autotask Endpoint Backup and Datto Drive include:
- Autotask Workplace: Improvements that make the file sync and share product easier to use and more secure for MSPs and business users alike, including improved Office 365 integration, better logging and reporting, editable PDFs and two-factor authentication.
- Autotask Endpoint Backup: Performance, security and reporting updates that make the product faster and more secure for end users, including faster uploads of large backups, policy driven alerts, and two-factor authentication.
- Datto Drive: Upgrading to the latest release, delivering granular password enforcement, better notification management, and faster client performance.
These announcements and more news on the company's growth were made at DattoCon18 in Austin, Texas, the open-ecosystem MSP-centric event.