ScriptX from UK company MeadCo provides controlled, consistent and efficient printing from Internet Explorer. Essential for the manufacturing sector, ScriptX enables packing slips, labels, orders, timesheets, barcodes, certifications and more to be printed in a controlled format, from every networked Windows computer.
Already in use by many manufacturing organisations, ScriptX is helping to increase efficiency, improve output and reduce costs by enabling the precise control of printing of browser-hosted content on Microsoft Windows.
Manufacturing organisations are using ScriptX to improve operations in several key areas:
- Printing of contracts, orders, service-level agreements, work-in-progress forms, certification and quality documents, etc, in the right format at the right location so that they can be processed accurately and rapidly.
- Instant, automated printing of despatch documents, such as packing slips, customs declarations, barcodes and labels.
- Pre-setting of headers, footers and margins for particular print jobs followed by automatic resetting to original formatting.
- Removal of unwanted pop-up print dialogue boxes for faster, more efficient printing.
- Consistent brand identity across all printed materials.
- Creation of identification badges for staff and visitors.
Jerry Mead, CEO of MeadCo - the creators of ScriptX - said: "From certification documents to shipping labels, the manufacturing sector needs mission-critical documents to be printed consistently and efficiently to operate at the highest level of accuracy. With ScriptX, items printed from Internet Explorer will have consistent headers, footers, margins, orientation and much more. This is essential for large-scale organisations where standardisation and total control are required. Once the particular print job is complete, the individual user's default print settings are automatically restored."
Embroidery Works is a full-service branding company, based in New Zealand, which services the needs of the promotional products industry.
Mike Modgill, Director of Embroidery Works Limited, said: "We actively purchased ScriptX about 10 years ago. We use it to control which printer a particular form goes to, like a packing slip on A4, or a label printer. It is the only product that lets us control this."
Of MeadCo, Mike said: "Jerry is fantastic, very responsive and awesome to deal with."