eSentire, Inc., the Active Threat Protection solutions and managed security services provider, has launched eSentire DNS Firewall to help control endpoint security threats by automatically blocking the domains of known malicious sites.
The entirely cloud-based solution provides advanced cyber protection for any device on the network, whether from an unsuspecting employee clicking on a malicious email link, or an infected USB device attempting to call home to deliver a harmful payload.
Powered by eSentire's Active Threat Protection service, DNS Firewall leverages data from Cymon, the open threat intelligence aggregator of its kind, to feed its whitelists and blacklists. Cymon ingests more than 180 sources daily to track malware, phishing, botnet, spam, and more, adding more than 20,000 unique IPs to its database every day.
eSentire DNS Firewall benefits include:
- Malware protection on any connected device (e.g. desktops, laptops, mobile devices, POS, etc.).
- Operating system agnostic.
- Pre-emptively blocks requests to millions of known malicious domains, extending security perimeter beyond the firewall.
- Protects against malware that uses shifting IP addresses to evade detection by intercepting domain names.
- Delivered as a fully-managed service and monitored 24x7 by eSentire's Global Security Operations Centre with managed alerts, investigation, and remediation support.
- Delivered as a service with zero infrastructure footprint – no hardware or software deployments allow users to be up and running in minutes.
"eSentire has been making substantial R&D investments in its cloud solutions capabilities and DNS Firewall is an excellent example of an advanced cybersecurity solution based on elastic computing horsepower and global distribution," said J. Paul Haynes, CEO, eSentire. "We are very excited by how rapidly we can deploy it and bring value to customers."
DNS Firewall provides real-time threat detection, and mitigation and remediation capabilities to automatically prevent users from unknowingly connecting to known malicious sites. It is currently in beta, with the full service launching in Q2 2016. Existing customers are invited to reach out to their account manager to learn more about applying eSentire DNS Firewall to their existing Active Threat Protection services.
eSentire will showcase DNS Firewall, as well as its threat intelligence aggregator, Cymon, in booth #S2315 (South Expo) at the 2016 RSA Conference (February 29-March 3) in San Francisco, California US.