Jump Technologies, Inc., the software company that provides cloud-based mobile solutions for supply management in hospitals, has announced Adventist HealthCare, based in Gaithersburg, MD, has selected the InnerTrack Receiving solution.
Adventist will use InnerTrack Receiving to improve receiving dock productivity, increase visibility to incoming supplies, and build an electronic audit trail for all packages received and delivered within the organisation.
InnerTrack Receiving delivers dock-to-destination efficiency and visibility for all incoming shipments:
- With a simple user interface on a smart iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod), InnerTrack Receiving integrates with major delivery carriers, including UPS and FedEx
- As packages are off-loaded, they are scanned, entered into the system and matched to the purchase order (PO)
- The final destination location is identified, and InnerTrack enables the user to print a label on a mobile printer for each box, then stage packages onto routes
- Packages are scanned at each stage of the receiving and delivery process, creating tracking of each package and an electronic record of every transaction
- Integration with the hospital's materials management or enterprise resource planning (ERP) system enables completed POs to be closed quickly and simply, helping hospitals utilise negotiated early payment discount terms.
Adventist HealthCare, the first and largest health system in Montgomery County, Maryland, has been recognised for excellence in several clinical areas including cardiac, cancer, stroke, rehabilitation and home care. Additionally, Adventist HealthCare continually seeks ways to improve processes and efficiencies; the InnerTrack solution will help the organisation utilise technology within its receiving departments across the system.
Traditionally, hospital staff members spend hours each week looking for incoming shipments. InnerTrack Receiving offers both a web-portal for registered InnerTrack users and a new "Track a Package" page for employees that allows users to quickly find updated status of incoming packages, reducing the time spent researching shipments and delivery status. And upon delivery, InnerTrack captures signatures of recipients, creating an end-to-end electronic audit trail for every transaction.
"The supply chain team at AHC continually s eeks new ways to improve our business processes to increase efficiency and quality," said Talia Mauck, corporate director of Supply Chain Management, AHC. "Toward this goal, we look for innovative technology that can improve supply chain management. InnerTrack Receiving will not only reduce manual labor and improve productivity on the receiving dock, it will also close gaps in current systems and create a more end-to-end electronic process."
"With pressure on hospitals to deliver high-quality, low-cost patient care, we consider supply management a key lever for success," said John Freund, CEO, Jump Technologies. "But hospitals are burdened with the limited functionality delivered by their legacy ERP systems. Today, these systems can be extended with new cloud-based mobile technology. We're delivering solutions to help hospitals eliminate manual processes and increase automation, which will help reduce labour, reduce costs, and enable more automated and accurate supply management."