Demonstrating its commitment to providing capture solutions to mid and large- sized businesses, Brother International Corporation today announced the next generation of workgroup scanners that offer the ideal blend of quality, productivity, compatibility, and value.
"Brother continues to provide businesses with solutions that drive success," said Steve Feldstein, Brother International Corporation's Product Marketing Director of Scanners and Business Products. "These new models deliver what today's office environment needs for robust and reliable document imaging to enhance workflows and security at a competitive price."
Brother's new ADS Desktop Scanner Series offers unparalleled reliability and flexibility; while the Professional Document Scanner (PDS) Series has also been expanded to include a model with an integrated flatbed, ideal for scanning a variety of media.
Desktop and Flatbed Versatility
The new ADS series continues to set the standard for desktop scanners in the workgroup environment. These powerful, business-durable models offer features that include fast, two-sided scanning, high-capacity automatic document feeders, flexible network and local connectivity options, mobile device compatibility, computer-free scanning to various destinations (including popular cloud applications), and can scan a wide assortment of media – from embossed plastic cards to documents over 15 feet in length. These ADS Scanners (ADS-2400N, ADS-2800W, ADS-3000N and ADS-3600W) address the needs for secure digital document management in a variety of business environments.
The ADS-2800W and ADS-3600W Scanners are equipped with the award-winning Brother Web Connect Interface to scan directly to various universally-accessible destinations, including popular business cloud services (such as Evernote ® Business) from the 3.7-inch color Touchscreen display. These models also enable developers to build customized scanning solutions through the Brother Solutions Interface (BSI), a web application development platform that helps enhance office workflow.
The Brother Professional Document Scanner (PDS) Series Models (PDS-5000, PDS-5000F, and PDS-6000) include higher scan speeds and robust automatic document feeders. In tests conducted earlier this year, the PDS-5000 and 6000 scanners were recognized by Buyers Laboratory for their reliability. The PDS-5000F delivers the added versatility of single-sheet flatbed scanning on an 8.5 inch x 14 inch-scan glass with automatic document feeder convenience. With the flexibility to scan items as small as 1 inch by 1 inch, the PDS-5000F scanner also automatically crops multiple scans into separate files. This Brother flatbed scanner is ideal for digitizing books, historical documents, photos, and oversized papers.
Both the ADS and PDS Series Scanners are also compatible with Kofax® VRS, an industry-leading image processing software that dynamically examines scanned materials and automatically applies the appropriate image correction settings for optimal scan results. In addition, each model is bundled with ABBYY® FineReader and PDF Transformer+ software, designed for converting document scans into editable texts.
Brother's ADS and PDS Series Desktop Scanners are built for the business user with greater scanning requirements. In addition, these Brother scanners can be an integral part of a balanced deployment strategy, which can right-size an organization's workflow environment to deliver the appropriate number of office devices in close proximity and more efficiently throughout workgroups and departments. The new scanners help round-out a portfolio of workgroup products consisting of dedicated printers and all-in-one devices.
Each Brother model offers unique, essential features to fit virtually any business need:
New ADS Series Scanners
- Beginning with the ADS-2400N scanner, business users can optimize their workflow with speeds up to 30-pages per minute with single-pass, two-sided scanning, and a 50-sheet capacity automatic document feeder with the power to scan up to 2,500-pages per day. Like all these models, the ADS-2400N includes Gigabit Ethernet networking, Kofax compatibility, and ABBYY FineReader Sprint and PDF Transformer+ software.
- With its Touchscreen Display, the ADS-2800W scanner adds wireless networking and Brother Web Connect to scan to a number of cloud-based services.
- In addition, the ADS-3000N allows color scanning up to 50-pages per minute - up to 5,000-pages per day – with ABBYY® FineReader Professional software included.
- All of these features are included in the ADS-3600W, along with an integrated NFC card reader for increased security and efficiency within the office workflow.
PDS Series Scanners
- Built for reliable, high-volume business scanning, the PDS-5000 scans up to 60-pages per minute, with two-sided scanning with a single pass through a 100-page automatic document feeder. Scan documents up to 236 inches, up to 6,000 pages per day.
- The PDS-5000F adds versatile, powerful flatbed scanning on legal-sized glass.
- The PDS-6000 provides all of the power and features of the PDS-5000, with scan speeds up to 80-pages per minute.
Brother is confident its products can support the demanding needs of the contemporary office, and offers free phone support for the life of the product. Feldstein adds: "These machines offer value to our workgroup customers, along with Brother quality and reliability. When it comes to business – Brother is truly 'At Your Side.'"
 Buyers Laboratory LLC (BLI) Winter 2014 "Outstanding Achievement in Innovation" award recipient in the imaging solutions category. Requires Internet connection and an account with desired service. See www.connectprintshare.com for details.