|INFORMATION: Free information is available from Metrologic on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Metrologic Instruments, GmbH will demonstrate the MS7580 Genesis and MS7820 Solaris - two of its newest products for the first time at a UK trade show when it exhibits at Retail Solutions 2008 which will be taking place in London, for the first time for many years, when it opens its doors at the Docklands ExCel venue from 24th 26th June.
This highly significant trade show is now the largest event dedicated to retail IT in Europe and will see Metrologic (Halls N7 and N8, Stand D5), demonstrate its complete line of products designed to increase productivity and profitability in retail applications, including single-line, omnidirectional and bioptic laser scanners, area imagers, mobile computers and scan engines for original equipment manufacturers (OEM). The event is one of a series of trade shows which will form the backbone Metrologics year-long celebration of its 40th anniversary as one of the worlds leading developers of advanced bar code scanning technology.
Retail Solutions has always been one of the key retail focused trade shows that Metrologic attends and it comes in what we expect to be an exciting year at Metrologic, said Robert Hurt, EMEAs Marketing Director. While four decades of success is a milestone the whole company takes pride in, were experiencing an energy and enthusiasm typically associated with much younger companies. This is apparent in two of our new brands: Metrologic ELITE and INDUSTRIAL. These brands embody the pioneering spirit that has been a part of the company since its inception in 1968.
Metrologic ELITE products increase productivity in retail POS environments with high levels of elegance, performance and sophistication. Metrologic INDUSTRIAL products symbolise the companys commitment to providing durable and rugged bar code scanners for demanding environments such as distribution centres and warehouses.
The MS7580 Genesis - as the first product released under the Metrologic ELITE brand, is a presentation area imager delivers superior motion tolerance while reading all 1D, PDF and 2D Matrix Codes.
Innovation is key as highlighted by the following key features:
- Code Select allows the MS7580 to capture up to seven bar codes in a single flash and outputs data in any predetermined order.
- TotalFreedom offers unlimited possibilities for developing value-added custom application modules embedded directly into the MS7580 instead of the host system.
- FirstFlash technology along with shielded LEDs minimise the intense flashing common among other area imagers.
MS7820 Solaris - a vertical mini-slot scanner for POS applications capable of scanning of high density bar codes as small as 5 Mil.
Its feature rich specification includes the following key product differentiators:
- The MS7820 includes what is claimed to be a unique troubleshooting visual diagnostic indicator
- The MS7820 sets itself apart from the field with a multifunctional RS232 auxiliary port that provides a single point of communication for either a hand-held scanner or external scale.
- Capacitive Switch Technology ensures a flat, easy cleaning surface while eliminating mechanically moving buttons
As Metrologic Instruments, Inc. celebrates its 40th anniversary, it continues to be a global supplier of choice for data capture and collection hardware and software. Metrologic delivers innovative products that are cost effective, reliable and supported by a superior level of personal service. Metrologic products are sold worldwide through sales, service and distribution offices located in North & South America, Europe, Australia and Asia.