Leverages recent merger with CyberGuard Corporation to bring market-leading threat management solutions to SMB/SME channel
Secure Computing Corporation, the experts in securing connections between people, applications and networks(tm) today announced the introduction of its SnapGear(tm) portfolio of secure Internet connectivity appliances for Small and Medium Businesses (SMB) and branch offices of larger enterprises (SME) to its channel partners worldwide. This launch extends Secure Computing's unified threat management offering from the largest data centers to the smallest offices environments, allowing channel partners to compete in the full range of unified threat management opportunities. Targeted specifically to the unique needs of small and medium businesses, the SnapGear product line is comprised of seven appliance models starting at 170.50 and represents an important milestone in the execution of Secure Computing's post-merger strategy.
According to IDC, there were more than 60 million SMBs worldwide which represented $450 billion in IT spending in 2005. SnapGear addresses this growing demand for strong, yet manageable, network security for small and medium businesses by combining the best of Secure Computing's enterprise-proven security protection with an easy-to-use Internet connectivity appliance. A flexible solution, SnapGear can be deployed as a stand-alone firewall, a VPN gateway, a unified threat-management appliance or as a complete, secure network-in-a-box with all of the Internet and network connectivity features normally available only in enterprise-class devices.
"The launch of the SnapGear appliance extends our renowned unified threat management solutions to the growing market of small and medium sized businesses, creating great opportunities for our channel partners," said Vincent Schiavo, senior vice president of worldwide sales for Secure Computing. "We are confident that SnapGear's easy-to-manage, yet powerful and feature-rich security protection will prove the right combination for this important market segment. SnapGear provides a high margin product we are proud to add to the Secure Computing product portfolio."
"Our SMB and SME customers are demanding more sophisticated security solutions to safeguard their businesses and keep up with today's rapidly moving security threats. All-in-one unified threat management appliances offer comprehensive, easy-to-install and cost-effective security perfectly suited for the unique needs of the SMB/SME markets," said Nitesh B Thakrar - Technical Director, E-Manage Ltd - UK, a Secure Computing channel partner. "The addition of SnapGear to the Secure Computing line-up gives the channel a wide range of easy-to-sell premium security solutions from the most trusted name in the business. This is a huge win for our customers."
The SnapGear appliance line-up provides customers with a full-range of security and connectivity features that include:
* Instant 'secure office' capability with full Internet access
* Unified Threat Management: stateful firewall, IDS/IPS, VPN, and gateway anti-virus
* Versatility: ability to be deployed as a firewall, VPN gateway, UTM security appliance or complete network-in-a-box solution
* Employee Web access filtering & reporting with Webwasher
* Both wired and wireless (Wifi) networking options
* Advanced high-speed platforms - true appliance technology
- Browser-based management
- Small footprint and highly reliable
* Flash upgradeable technology (all models)
* Central management, failover and load balancing
* Full compatibility with Secure Computing's line of Sidewinder G2 and TSP Enterprise Threat Management platforms.
* Optional enterprise-class central management and reporting is available with Secure Computing's Global Command Center software. Global Command Center software allows enterprise network administrators to easily manage hundreds, or thousands of SnapGear appliances including the management of upgrades, policy changes and other configuration tasks with the click of a mouse.
The entire SnapGear appliance line-up is available immediately through distribution partners worldwide.
For more information visit the PartnersFirst section of securecomputing.com.