Canon UK, leader in digital imaging technology, today announced the launch of e-Maintenance, a comprehensive and intelligent software solution that provides service information on Canon printer/copiers to minimise device downtime, automate fault reporting and ensure increased levels of profitability for dealers and resellers.
e-Maintenance is an easily installed, secure solution which delivers unparalleled levels of pro-active customer service. By automatically monitoring multifunctional printers (MFPs) on the local network, and sending incident reports to the service provider, e-Maintenance is continually tracking the performance of each device within a customers fleet. Unlike other online device maintenance offerings, Canons comprehensive solution receives device-specific detailed reports. This one-way outbound communication alerts the service provider of any problems through an encrypted email attachment meaning that security is not compromised by unnecessary external access to the companys network. The customer can also access device specific information via their own web interface, ensuring complete control of their networked Canon MFPs.
Through e-Maintenance, Canon partners have access to a highly sophisticated tool that enables them to offer different levels of service agreement to customers whilst benefiting from increased revenue opportunities and fewer call outs. e-Maintenance is totally customisable meaning that partners can set the support levels and pricing, thereby maximising service profitability and margins.
It is a common fact that all machines will occasionally encounter problems, but with Canons e-Maintenance solution, printer/copier downtime is significantly reduced whilst the quality of customer service is improved. Our partners benefit from the ability to offer a genuine value-add service, which improves revenues and margins as well as decreasing the number of service call outs, commented Geoff Slaughter, Director, Reseller Partner Channel, Canon UK.
The e-Maintenance solution has been successfully trialled with a selection of Canons existing reseller partners, and the results have been impressive: We have found that Canons e-Maintenance solution has made our service offering more effective as we can tailor it to individual customers, making fleet performance management extremely effective. This bespoke service offering has resulted in the increased uptime of devices, accurate billing and increased customer satisfaction, stated Tim Davison, Service Director, IT @ Spectrum one of Canons reseller trialists.
Additional e-Maintenance benefits
- Service engineers have detailed fault information prior to site visits, ensuring more first time fixes
- E-Maintenance delivers device parts life information to engineers, thereby guaranteeing effective preventative maintenance so parts can be replaced before they wear out
- Accurate billing is guaranteed as every user click is counted, improving cash-flow through reduced manual data collection and enabling faster response to billing queries
- Ability for customers to regularly check the status of each device which helps to facilitate effective fleet management
- Improved efficiency through detailed usage reports partners can offer advice on the best device to meet customer usage patterns
- Aides consumables management, improving stock control for the customer and securing consumable sales for Canon partners
e-Maintenance is launched to the Canon reseller partners across the UK from 1st May 2005.