Data Encryption Systems Limited, the UKs leader in software copyright protection, data encryption, secure messaging and data storage solutions, today announced the launch of DESlock+ Version 3.00 for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Following a downloadable 60-day free trial, businesses can opt for either a single-key software license or multi-key USB tokens at low cost, while remaining free-of-charge for personal users.
DESlock+ 3.00 includes folder encryption, file encryption, mountable encrypted files, email encryption, encrypted compressed archives as well as text window and clipboard encryption. With full Windows Shell integration and plug-in components for Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes, DESlock+ minimises the steps required to work with encrypted data and email. Where previous versions have required a DESkey USB Token to operate, DESlock+ Version 3.00 now supports a software Key-File as a low cost alternative.
It is no secret that new and emerging threats to the security of data are plaguing companies of all shapes and sizes be it identity theft, hackers breaching network security or data accessed on laptops that have either been stolen or lost. Critical data that falls into the wrong hands can destroy a companys reputation in a fraction of the time it took to build it in the first place, said David Tomlinson, managing director at Data Encryption Systems. Smaller companies need not worry about administration costs. DESlock+ has been specifically designed to require minimal technical support in fact we believe novices with minimal IT knowledge or experience will have no trouble plugging it in, logging-on and getting on with work as normal.
DESlock+ 3.00 has been designed to allow transparent encryption of emails, files, folders and other information across the network and includes:
- Hardware or software keys DESlock+ 3.00 works with either a licensed software key-file or a DESkey USB Token
- AES, Triple DES and Blowfish algorithms are used for high-speed, data encryption with RSA Algorithm for key exchange
- Full UI integration for ease of use and speed, which supports Windows XP and Windows 2000
- Plug-in support for Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes. Other email clients and applications supported via system menu
- Encryption for: files, folders, email, attachments, archives, mountable drives, offline folders and clipboard text
- Supported storage includes: local drives, network drives, Flash memory, CD and DVD media
- Easy-to-use Wizards for setup, key-exchange and backup operations help to keep security admin simple
- Personal and corporate settings the DESlock+ software and DESkey Tokens can be set for personal use (allowing the user to have control over the administrator) or for corporate use (allowing the administrator to have centralised control over functions and setup)