Captaris, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAPA), a leading provider of Business Information Delivery solutions, today announced the immediate availability of the new RightFax add-on module powered by Teamplate. The RightFax Workflow Wizard extends RightFax with intelligent business process workflow capabilities that enable RightFax users to improve connectivity, control, collaboration and accountability throughout the document life cycle. The new Wizard automates fax routing, approval and delivery processes to automate business workflows such as processing insurance claims, loan approvals, mortgage applications, purchase orders and more. This enhances collaboration, improves productivity, reduces errors and accelerates processing times, while providing an added level of process accountability and control currently not available with manual or email-based routing and approval processes.
Gartner has seen many vendors react to the enterprise needs to manage content life cycle as well as better integrate applications and information delivery technologies. The trend, which Gartner calls "content/process fusion", combines content management and BPM for better vertical process automation, customer communications management and compliance.
"For compliancy, security, productivity and customer satisfaction, enterprise faxes are too important to be processed in an ad-hoc environment with no accountability or access. The RightFax Workflow Wizard extends Captaris workflow solutions to RightFax customers, bringing intelligent views of fax routing, critical insight into the fax processes and accountability within the paper-based routing process," stated Matt Scheuing, Chief Operating Officer of Captaris, Inc.
Features and Benefits
- Add accountability to fax-based business processes - Inbound faxes are associated with predefined workflow processes ensuring that fax related tasks are assigned to individuals or groups and that pervasive tasklists ensure that faxes will not be lost or ignored, but instead will be processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Build fax-enabled workflows without programming - Enable knowledge workers or developers to create and deploy fax-based workflows by using a Web-based workflow wizard. This wizard makes workflow development easy by providing a simple, intuitive visual interface, robust templates and predefined Web forms and custom actions. Custom actions include: send fax, receive fax, monitor job status and delete fax. Pre-defined templates enable accelerated model development by providing a fully functional pre-built model that can either be deployed or modified to suit an organisation's specific requirements.
- Captaris Financial Template Pack - This consists of five financial workflow models: Loan Application, Mortgage Application, Insurance Claim Processing, Purchase Order and Generic Fax Management designed to demonstrate the value of workflow to monitor for incoming faxes and then automatically initiate a workflow to manage the preparation of a response.
- Microsoft SharePoint Template - Faxes can now be delivered into Microsoft SharePoint via custom action, enabling collaboration within a portal environment.
- Send, receive, route and purge faxes - Initiate sending a fax to a single recipient as part of an established or new workflow process, monitor RightFax accounts for new inbound faxes, route received faxes based on the DID to appropriate people or departments to initiate or facilitate a workflow and delete faxes from the server to free up resources.
- Monitor status - Check fax status including tasks, subordinates' tasks and the overall workflow process through the tasklists and immediately act on overdue faxes to ensure that faxes are addressed in a timely manner.
- Send notifications - Send email notifications internally or externally to notify responsible parties that they have fax related tasks that need to be addressed.
- Monitor business activity - Manage the status of inbound faxes through Business Activity Monitoring (BAM). Generate productivity graphs and tables, and export BAM data into Microsoft Excel for further analysis.
"Now that I've used the RightFax Workflow Wizard in my own business, I can't imagine how successful we could have been if we had this workflow technology available years ago. The Captaris acquisition of Teamplate and introduction of the RightFax Workflow Wizard truly shows the company's commitment to provide new innovations that help companies do more with less and to increase shareholder value," said Doug Olive, Director of Informa Software.