Canon UK, the imaging solutions provider, has been awarded six Winter 2012 'Pick' Awards and one Outstanding Achievement Award for Energy Efficiency by testing and research organisation Buyers Laboratory LLC (BLI). Products from across Canon's Business Imaging range have been recognised following BLI's rigorous in-depth laboratory tests.
The following Canon devices were awarded Winter 2012 'Pick' Awards:
- Canon imageFORMULA DR-M160 was named Outstanding 50- to 70-ppm A4 Departmental Scanner. Canon's most powerful and robust compact scanner received the award for its excellent media handling, lower than average cost per scan and easy to use hardware design.
- Canon's compact and versatile desktop scanner, the Canon imageFORMULA DR-M140, was named Outstanding 30- to 49-ppm A4 Departmental Scanner for its design that provides excellent media handling and a selectable paper path (including U-Turn and Straight-through) that BLI Senior Test Technician Joe Ellerman noted, 'should certainly be a standard whenever possible.'
- Canon imageFORMULA DR-C125 was named Outstanding 20- to 30-ppm Workgroup Scanner. The ultra-compact desktop scanner was recognised for its reliability, slim design, and ability to handle a wide range of paper weights and sizes and powerful software suite that enables easy-to-use scanning.
- The high-speed, ultra compact portable scanner Canon imageFORMULA P-215 was named Outstanding Mobile Scanner thanks to its dedicated card scanner, excellent media handling, driver functionality and small footprint.
- Canon i-SENSYS MF8380Cdw was named Outstanding A4 Colour MFP for Small / Home Offices. The compact, all-in-one laser MFP was named for its easy to use control panel and secure print feature, accessible via a single hard key.
- Canon i-SENSYS LBP7680Cx was named Outstanding A4 Colour Printer for Small Workgroups. The i-SENSYS LBP7680Cx is the first in a series of laser printers, built on a new architecture consistent with Canon's imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform. The MEAP enabled laser printer was awarded for its ability to create fully integrated solutions including both MFP and single function printers.
The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C2020i, a powerful colour A3 MFD, was also recognised by BLI for its environmental performance during two months of rigorous testing.
- Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C2020i was recognised for its Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency, with energy costs that are 49% lower than the industry average. The device's ultra-low sleep mode energy consumption was highlighted by BLI for the 'significant energy savings' it can provide.
"Canon's recognition in the Winter 2012 'Pick' awards demonstrates the continuing innovation of Canon's technology and the strength of Canon's imaging devices across the portfolio," commented David Sweetnam, BLI's Head of Research and Lab Services in Europe. "There are certain areas where Canon's devices are well known, for example Canon MFPs are well known for their energy efficiency, and BLI's testing demonstrates that this reputation is justified. All devices were tested for two months at BLI's testing labs so the industry can be assured of the durability of Canon's products, as well as their innovative features."
Paul Rowntree, European Product Sales Marketing Director, Canon Europe commented, "Central to all of our products is a commitment to meet the needs of customers with products that are easy to use, environmentally efficient, and that can help a business be more productive. We're delighted that the strength of our imaging portfolio, from our desktop scanners to our multifunctional devices and laser printers, has been recognised in BLI's Winter 'Picks.'