Honeywell has introduced the Dolphin 7800, a comprehensive enterprise digital assistant (EDA), which empowers field service, parcel delivery, direct store delivery and other mobile workers with simplified access to a diverse range of data collection and computing capabilities. According to Honeywell, the Dolphin 7800 sets a new standard for the EDA market by packing the features and functions of a traditional data collection device, including the ability to withstand daily use in demanding mobile applications, in a rugged yet easy-to-carry form factor. Designed to reduce downtime and increase operational efficiency, the Dolphin 7800 is expected to lower the failure rate of customers using competitors' EDA products by as much as 80 percent.
"Building on the overwhelming success of the Dolphin 99EX mobile computer, the Dolphin 7800 delivers many of the same technology advances and durability in a smaller form factorwhich is just what our customers have been asking for," said John Waldron, vice president of worldwide marketing, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility. "We invite those who've traditionally considered the MC65 to try the 7800. We are confident that this addition to our ever-expanding line of Dolphin mobile computers sets us apart, making us the partner of choice for resellers and end-users."
With the Dolphin 7800, Honeywell has leveraged its most successful functionalities and features to further improve end-user flexibility and performance including:
- The ability to withstand accidental drops to concrete from as high as 5 feet (1.5m), as well as more than 1,000 tumbles from 3.3 feet (1m)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and a software-definable radio that allows on-the-fly switching among cellular carriers
- A powerful processor and network connections that enable multi-tasking, driving increased productivity
- Industry-defining scanning and image capture performance with Adaptus Imaging Technology 6.0
- A crisp 3.5 inch display for easy reading, indoors and outdoors
- A healthcare version with Honeywell's disinfectant-ready housings to better resist the harmful effects of harsh cleaning agents commonly used in healthcare facilities (Dolphin 7800hc).
Honeywell's Remote MasterMind for Mobility software option allows enterprises to update and manage all Dolphin 7800 devices deployed across a network from one centralized location, leading to lower operating costs. In addition to intuitive remote device management, Remote MasterMind-enabled Dolphin 7800 devices allow users to access an enhanced set of key operational device metrics, including the number of successful scan attempts and screen touches. With this type of deeper insight into how users are interacting with the 7800, enterprises are able to provide additional training designed to optimize user productivity.
The Dolphin 7800 is also available with Honeywell's Service Made Simple service plans, for a lower total cost of ownership. For additional cost savings, the Dolphin 7800 offers an extended lifecycle and post production support. Built on the Microsoft Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 operating system, the Dolphin 7800 brings application flexibility to the reseller and independent software vendor (ISV) markets. The Dolphin 7800 will begin shipping in North America and Europe in December, with global availability in Q1 2012.