Motions new rugged F5 addresses issues encountered by mobile workforces across the vertical markets served by Box Mobile
Motion Computing, a leader in mobile computing and wireless communications, and Box Mobile, the UKs authorized reseller of Motion Tablet PCs to a variety of vertical markets launch Motion first Semi-Rugged Tablet PC.
The F5, the latest tablet PC from Motion, is a highly mobile PC that provides electronic clipboard functionality and is the ideal productivity tool for field workers who compute and enter data while standing or walking. Its lightweight, rugged design and integrated features provide onsite, real-time productivity in the harshest environments. Mobile professionals across construction and field sales and service are using the F5 because it provides the durability and functionality of rugged PCs without the weight and price associated with traditional, fully rugged devices.
A variety of features come together to make the F5 a reliable, rugged device:
- A lightweight, magnesium alloy internal frame that delivers structural rigidity
- A rubber Elastomer overmold that adds protection against bumps and drops
- Chemical-resistant resin that is easy to clean/disinfect
- A sealed design to help protect from harsh environmental conditions such as exposure to dust and moisture
- Optional Solid State Drive (SSD) for extreme shock and vibration protection
- Shock-mounted display and hard disk drive (HDD) with DataGuard, an accelerometer that protects data during drops or other events that could damage the hard drive
- A Motion exclusive thermal management system that protects from data loss
Motion and Box Mobile are also unveiling two new technology options for the F5. A smart card reader that enables companies to improve the security of critical data by enhancing authentication processes, and the EasyConnect USB/Ethernet module that allows for easy connection to other devices or local area networks (LAN), without sacrificing the durability and protection offered by the fully sealed, protective design of the rugged tablet PCs.
The optional, integrated smart card reader, manufactured by ITG OMNIKEY supports both Windows XP and Vista operating systems and features an ExpressCard interface, a transmission speed of 12 Mbps, and the highest reading performance rate on the market today. Additionally, the EasyConnect USB/Ethernet module is lightweight, easily connects to the devices docking connector, and features one 2.0 USB port and one 10/100 Ethernet port.
The companies will also feature the recently enhanced LE1700 semi-rugged tablet PC. The highly versatile tablet PC features new capabilities that improve durability and performance. Its flexible design, integrated features and adaptable capabilities provide high-end performance in a lightweight, mobile design that is ideal for use across a wide range of work environments.
The enhancements to the LE1700 are designed to improve usability in the field without impacting battery performance:
- An additional Intel Core2 Duo processor option, the Ultra Low Voltage U7500, offers up to a 10 percent increase in performance over the previous Core Solo processor without impacting battery life
- Enhanced UltraView and UltraView Anywhere displays which provide a brighter, wide viewing angle in an SXGA+ resolution of 1400 x 1050
- A new 64GB solid state drive (SSD) option that provides better performance and added durability by better protecting the PC against extreme shock and vibrations
The LE1700, the fifth generation of Motions professional tablet PC, has been designed and vigorously tested to withstand typical bumps and drops experienced by users who walk, stand and compute and features a variety of technologies that make it more durable than commercial notebooks or convertible tablet PCs:
- Lightweight, highly durable magnesium chassis
- 1.8 inch hard disk drive (HDD) that provides twice the shock protection of the industry standard 2.5 inch HDD
- Shock-mounted display and HDD with DataGuard, an accelerometer that protects data during drops or other events that could potentially damage the hard drive
- Optional 64GB SSD for extreme shock and vibration protection
The LE1700 with the latest available features, F5, smart card reader and EasyConnect USB/Ethernet module are available now through Box Technologies.
About Box Technologies Ltd incorporating Box Mobile
Box Technologies are the UK's authorised stockists of Motion Computing's latest and innovative Tablet PC's. Box Technologies has an unparalleled track record in the supply and implementation of mobile computing solutions to a number of vertical markets. With end to end services - from consultation and site surveys installation and technical support through to a comprehensive range of handheld PCs Box Technologies deliver all the business benefits of mobile computing.
About Motion Computing
Motion Computing is a mobile computing and wireless communications leader, combining world-class innovation and industry experience so professionals in vertical industries such as healthcare, field sales and service and government can use computing technology in new ways and places. The companys enhanced line of tablet PCs, mobile clinical assistants and accessories are designed to increase productivity for on-the-go users while providing portability, security, power and versatility. Motion combines those products with services and unique vertical market knowledge to deliver robust solutions platforms, peripherals, services and wireless customized for the needs of a particular industry.