|INFORMATION: Free information is available from KODAK on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Small to medium size businesses (SMBs) now have a new flagship desktop document scanner solution to help them cope with the ocean of paper and document clutter found in most offices.
The compact KODAK ScanMate i1120 Scanner quickly and easily transforms data from paper documents into usable digitised information greatly helping business professionals improve customer response time, organise document files and increase overall efficiency.
The KODAK ScanMate i1120 Scanner serves as an accurate, high quality tool for managing, sharing and filing critical information. With scanning to image creation in less than 5 seconds for most documents, users can preview and edit images, including zoom, rotate, and crop, before sending.
The KODAK ScanMate i1120 Scanner comes with a comprehensive software bundle to ensure that businesses can get up and running straight away.
- NewSoft PRESTO! BizCard5 Software this scans and reads business cards fast and accurately with contact data printed on business cards filled in automatically into a database containing, not only the recognised name, address, telephone and e-mail, but also the original colour image for convenience. The database can be exported to Act!, Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes, Windows Mobile or Palm devices.
- NUANCE ScanSoft PaperPort 11 Software this enables the creation of Adobe compatible documents in the famous PDF format. With the intuitive PaperPort user interface, customers can send selected documents with "drag and drop" ease to e-mail or other applications such as to Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint, as well as view, split, merge, archive, search and find scanned documents with ease. The outstanding built-in viewing and editing functions for thumbnail and full-page images permit the assembling of PDF files and enhancement with meaningful annotations, with PDF files created of documents from almost any source.
- NUANCE ScanSoft OmniPage 15 Software using advanced OCR techniques to create formatted and editable electronic documents.
The built-in Kodak Smart Touch feature delivers intuitive operation by enabling users to easily and quickly handle scanning tasks, including scan to email, printers or other desktop applications simply at the touch of a button. With nine pre-set shortcuts, users can simply point and click to accomplish everyday scanning tasks and can easily modify any of them to create their own custom set-ups. Images and text are captured from documents at speeds of up to 20 pages per minute (ppm) with image resolution up to 600 dots per inch (dpi), in colour, greyscale and black-and-white. The KODAK ScanMate i1120 Scanner also processes a variety of documents, and business cardssized from 5cm by 6.5 cm to 21.5cm by 86cm.
Hauke Fast, EAMER Product Manager, Document Imaging, Kodak Graphic Communications said, Industry studies have shown that knowledge workers can spend up to 30 percent of their day just retrieving documents to get needed information. The KODAK ScanMate i1120 Scanner, with its smart touch feature and high-value software bundle, provides small to medium size businesses a premier and affordable solution to help them mine information from mounds of paper, a common business barrier that often limits growth potential. Kodaks legacy in document imaging enables us to deliver to our customers an easy-to-use, yet high performance desktop scanner that captures and extracts critical information from a variety of documents.
The KODAK ScanMate i1120 Scanner provides a range of cutting edge image processing technologies to deliver outstanding image quality directly from a users desktop:
- Kodak-exclusive Perfect Page image processing technologies for optimal image quality with readability and colour rendition even with less than perfect originals.
- Electronic colour dropout eliminates the form colour and captures only the information needed for processing.
- Auto cropping captures only the actual document and auto de-skew straightens every image and page to avoid distorted processing.
- Five output options to meet a variety of imaging requirementsblack-and-white, colour or greyscale, plus two dual stream options, colour and black and white, or greyscale and black and white.
The KODAK ScanMate i1120 Scanner has a list price of 550 including an industry-leading 3 For Free 3-year warranty with next business day advance unit replacement. It is available for delivery from KODAK Document Imaging authorised channel partners.
All Kodak scanners are backed by KODAK Service and Support, an award-winning organisation made up of more than 3,000 professionals covering more than 120 countries. A leading multi-vendor integrated services provider, delivering consulting, installation, maintenance and support services for the commercial printing, graphic communications, document imaging and data storage industries, KODAK Service and Support professionals are uniquely qualified to provide services that control costs, maximise productivity, and minimise business risk.
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.