BitDefender has beefed up the capability of its online scanner to incorporate Antispyware functionality. The modifications include a redesigned interface to simplify installation, help usability and increase the level of detection.
Commenting on the update, BitDefender CTO Bogdan Dumitru said: BitDefender Labs is constantly trying to find more ways to enhance user experience. This is an example of our efforts to continuously improve all lines of BitDefender products.
BitDefender Online Scanner is a free on-demand scanner available on BitDefenders website that incorporates BitDefender scanning engines to detect and disinfect viruses and spyware files.
BitDefender Online Scanner is based on the same technology as BitDefender Antivirus 2008 which is considered one of the most reliable antivirus solutions worldwide according to independent organizations like Virus Bulletin, AV Test, AV Comparatives, etc.
The product is compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6or higher under Windows XP or Vista and provides not only detection but also disinfection from viruses and spyware. BitDefender Online Scanner is available to everyone who visits BitDefenders website and complements any antivirus product already on the users system.
- Redesigned interface: allows simpler configuration and guidance through the entire scanning process
- Spyware scanning and removal: detects and disinfects spyware files
- Effective by default: scanning with the default options automatically cleans the infected files.
- Easy to install and update: Each time the product is used, it updates its virus signatures from BitDefender Labs so the scan will be a valuable tool to assess the security status of the system.
- Exportable reports: save the scan report for later analysis.
The product can be incorporated into any site by any BitDefender user or partner.
Details are available at http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Online/
BitDefender Online Scanner only scans systems for existing viruses. For complete protection use the commercial versions.
BitDefender is a leading global provider of security solutions that satisfy the protection requirements of today's computing environment. The company offers one of the industry's fastest and most effective lines of security software, setting new standards for threat prevention, timely detection and mitigation. BitDefender delivers products and services to over 41 million home and corporate users in more than 180 countries. BitDefender has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain and Romania.