A new generation of security solutions from BitDefender are claimed to provide computer users with state-of-the-art proactive protection from todays most damaging viruses, spyware, hackers, spam, phishing attacks, and other common Internet security threats.
The new product line up, which includes BitDefender Antivirus 2008, Internet Security 2008 and Total Security 2008, is designed to protect a wide variety of computer usage scenarios ranging from individual PC users and multi-PC families to small office SoHo businesses.
BitDefender Antivirus 2008 is designed for users who want state of the art protection from viruses, spyware, and other types of malware and includes:
- Real-time antivirus protection with automatic hourly updates
- Proactive protection using BitDefenders patent-pending B-HAVE advanced detection techniques
- Anti-rootkit protection detecting and removing the latest type of hidden threats
- Privacy protection reducing the risk of identity theft by preventing personal information leaks via e-mail or web
- Anti-spyware protection monitoring and preventing spyware threats in real-time
Other benefits include a newly integrated Gamer Mode feature, a collection of protection settings intended to provide a safe gaming experience while minimizing system load, and Web Anti-Phishing capabilities, which protect against phishing attacks by filtering all accessed web pages for fraud attempts.
BitDefender Internet Security 2008 is designed for users who want complete protection from malware and other common Internet Security threats.
Internet Security includes all of the benefits of Antivirus 2008 as well as:
- Firewall protection controlling access to the Internet while hiding the computer from hackers
- E-mail anti-phishing and anti-spam preventing different types of spam and scam e-mails from being delivered
- Parental controls to block access to inappropriate websites and e-mails
- Web time limiter which allows or blocks access to the web during specified time periods
- Application control which allows users to limit access to specified applications
Other benefits include Wi-Fi wireless protection that alerts users to unauthorized access to their Wi-Fi network, and the use of new adaptive engines which offer greater protection by speeding response times to new spamming techniques.
BitDefender Total Security 2008 is designed for users who desire the ultimate in protection from Internet security threats and data loss, with integrated backup and PC maintenance tools to keep their PC running at peak performance.
Total Security includes all of the features and benefits of Antivirus 2008 and Internet Security 2008, as well as the following new features:
- Data backup safeguarding data by creating backup copies to local and removable drives, CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW
- PC Tune-up improving PC performance by removing unnecessary files and registry entries
- Trace clean-up which completely erases files and traces of files from disks to prevent recovery
BitDefender 2008 provides home and SMB users with an unmatched level of protection that defends against tomorrows threats today, said Bogdan Dumitru, BitDefender CTO. As hackers and spammers rapidly change their tactics, our patent-pending B-HAVE heuristics technology provides users with the highest levels of proactive protection from zero-day and unknown malware threats. The new capabilities offered in BitDefender 2008 including 64-bit support and the Gamer Mode also demonstrate BitDefenders ongoing commitment to evolve its offerings to meet the needs of todays latest applications.
BitDefender 2008 is compatible with Windows 2000 (with service pack 4), Windows XP (with service pack 2) and Windows Vista and supports Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, and 2007, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and supports Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 and 2.0.
Users of the current and previous BitDefender versions will receive a free upgrade to BitDefender 2008 for the remainder of their license period. Users of BitDefender Antivirus Plus, which is discontinued, will receive a free upgrade to Internet Security 2008 without the need to change license keys.
BitDefender is a leading global provider of security solutions that satisfy the protection requirements of today's computing environment. The company offers one of the industry's fastest and most effective lines of security software, setting new standards for threat prevention, timely detection and mitigation. BitDefender delivers products and services to over 41 million home and corporate users in more than 180 countries. BitDefender has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain and Romania.