FileCenter 4.0 Provides Increased Power, Efficiency and Flexibility in Paper and Electronic File Organization
Lucion Technologies, LLC, a developer of file management and automated document imaging systems, today announced the release of FileCenter 4.0 and FileCenter Professional 4.0, advanced PC file management solutions that make it easy to organize, locate, distribute and convert electronic files and scan paper documents into electronic form for both the home and office users.
FileCenter and FileCenter Professional extend and enhance Windows by making it simple to manage files. Using a simple file cabinet/drawer interface, novice users can effortlessly create well-structured filing systems, while business and professional users can easily replicate a standard electronic filing system for multiple clients or projects on their network. Users also benefit from one-click access to integrated program features such as PDF creation/conversion, encryption, file-shredding and desktop/network search. This end-to-end functionality would generally require multiple stand-alone programs costing hundreds of pounds.
In addition to being easy to use, FileCenter significantly enhances productivity for novice and experienced users alike. Users can easily preview file contents without opening and closing files, while one-click commands significantly speed daily tasks. For example, with a single click, a FileCenter user can select a file, convert it to encrypted PDF and attach it to an email message.
FileCenter is bringing big, exciting changes in how people organize their files, said Darin Hunsaker, Lucion President. The capabilities it presents are unprecedented, especially for one program. The nonsensical notion of needing multiple programs for searching, scanning, shredding and file conversion is a thing of the past. We put all those functions into one program, made it affordable and simple to use. Its redefining what people expect in managing their files.
New benefits to FileCenter 4.0 include:
- FileCenter's new Convert It tool easily converts files to PDF or ZIP format in one click
- FileCenter's new file encryption makes certain that private files stay private
- A new file shredding feature lets users remove all traces of a file permanently
- Files can now be converted (into ZIP, PDF or encrypted form) and inserted into an email with one click
- Easily view the contents of a file without opening the associated applications via FileCenters enhanced preview window
- The FileFind search function now integrates with Copernic Desktop Search, as well as Google Desktop Search and Windows Desktop
- Search to quickly search the contents of a file and ensure that youll never lose a file again
- FileCenters user interface has been refined for even easier use and additional power
- FileCenter Professional offers an even higher level of functionality that presents businesses and power users with robust scanning and administrative capabilities.
Among the benefits of FileCenter Professional:
- FileImage makes document imaging simple by allowing users to scan a paper document, perform OCR and convert the scanned image to searchable PDF format in one click
- When scanning multiple documents, FileCenter Professional offers physical separators and destination routing so scanned files are automatically sent to the correct file folders
- Newer PDF files are fully searchable, but old ones lack this feature. FileCenter Professional allows users to convert old PDFs into searchable form to make it easier than ever to locate files
- For the administrator, Professional offers easy network implementation and shared policy support, minimizing strains on both the network and valuable personal time
A free 30-day demo, screenshots and detailed product specifications are available at the Lucion homepage at www.lucion.com