ViewCaf 4 adds hassle-free Live Document Conferencing to its collaboration toolkit and helps organizations save a bundle
Spicer Corporation, the leading developer of document viewing software, announced the release of ViewCaf 4, featuring new Live Document Conferencing. When integrated to ECM or PLM systems such as FileNet, Hummingbird and MatrixOne, Spicer ViewCaf lets users easily access hundreds of different online office document, CAD drawing and model formats from a central file repository, add a markup session and then return the document with annotations and comments for others to review.
Secure, easy-to-use, and scalable, Spicer's web-based collaboration solution, helps organizations ramp up their business productivity. ViewCaf 4 now provides a real-time collaboration hub where any number of team members from any part of a business can participate in live document conferencing. Attendees access the same document simultaneously, chat, and share a view-markup session, regardless of geographical location.
With ViewCaf 4, organizations such as Manufacturing, Government, Financial and Insurance Services centered around online document workflow will benefit from:
- Improved operational costs - View, mark up and collaborate with one product. Document conferencing is built-in to ViewCaf 4 - eliminating additional product or subscription and usage charges.
- Faster real-time document interactivity - Online viewing activities, such as zooming and rotating, require large data transfers resulting in slower performance with traditional web conferencing solutions. ViewCaf 4 provides faster display and document interaction.
- Easily archive web conference notes and meet information compliance requirements - ViewCaf markup APIs allow web conference Chat Notes and other markup commentary to be stored and managed within the document management system for audit trail and compliance regulation purposes.
Additional improvements in Release 4 include:
- Expanded symbol library that includes new set of ISO standard hazard symbols for detailed document tracking and identification
- New Measurement Tools that help users estimate CAD drawing specifications (even during an online conference)
- UI enhancements include the addition of a new 3D toolbar that allows users to easily switch between display modes
ViewCaf 4 also introduces support for several new formats, including:
- SolidWorks 2005 drawings 2D
- SolidWorks 2005 Parts and Assemblies 3D
- PDF 1.6 (Adobe Acrobat 7.0)
- JT 2.0 Model
- AutoCAD 2005
- AutoCAD 2006
The ViewCaf Server is available for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Red Hat Linux 7.2. ViewCaf's flexible pricing model provides options for fixed, enterprise and OEM licensing. To try ViewCaf's online demonstration, visit the company's website: spicer.com