High Definition DLP(tm) projector provides amazingly high 6500:1 contrast ratio for greater home theatre enjoyment
Sharp Electronics (UK) Ltd has today introduced the HD Ready XV-Z3000 into its growing home cinema projector range. This high-performance DLP(tm) front projector offers a resolution of 1,280 x 768, and instantly transforms any room into a high-tech home theatre, for viewing TV or DVDs, or playing computer games on a large screen.
With a superb contrast ratio of 6500:1, the Sharp XV-Z3000 enhances fine, detailed differences between the darkest and lightest colours, and provides superior black level reproduction - allowing the user to enjoy excellent picture quality in a home cinema environment.
- Native 720p High Definition capability (compatible with 1080i and 720p HD signals)
- Outstanding 6500:1 contrast ratio (in High Contrast mode)
- 1200 ANSI lumen in High Brightness mode
- Long-life, high performance DLP(tm) digital image production with DMD(tm) chip
- Three Primary Colour / 5x speed 6 segment colour wheel for flickerless, high-grade picture and natural colour reproduction
- HDMI terminal for high quality digital connection
- Active Digital Keystone Correction for easy positioning and optimum picture
- Switchable screen with 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios
- BrilliantColor(tm) function
- Short throw lens (optical 1.15x manual zoom lens)
- High powered 275W lamp with 3,000 hour life
- Sealed optics for low maintenance, long life and low cost of ownership
- Compact dimensions and footprint, and light and portable 4kg weight
With native 720p High Definition capability, the XV-Z3000 provides high quality images from DVD, HDTV and DTV (480p, 720p, 1080i with 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios) through RGB and component signals (Y, PB, PR).
Incorporating Sharp optoelectronics technology, the XV-Z3000 provides 1200 ANSI lumen brightness in High Brightness mode for improved large screen pictures, while a three-position iris system adjusts image brightness to show full detail and enhances contrast ratio, to compensate for various lighting conditions.
Furthermore, the 5x speed 6 segment colour wheel renders colour breaking imperceptible to the human eye, achieving a flicker-free, high-grade picture and natural colour reproduction.
Thanks to a brand new Short Throw Lens, the XV-Z3000 achieves 60" large screen projection even from the short distance of 1.8m. In addition, positioning of the projector is extremely flexible and convenient due to the 2D Keystone Correction feature. It's also small and light (4kg) enough to be positioned on a coffee table or from the ceiling.
Connectivity is first class, with an HDMI interface delivering all-digital projection from input straight through to the projected picture without loss of quality. This connection also makes it possible to create a Home Theatre PC environment using a PC with DVI output terminal.
The Sharp XV-Z3000's Colour Management System independently controls colour hue, chroma and brightness levels for the six RGBCMY colours (red, green, blue, cyan, magenta and yellow), enabling the user to match the image reproduction to their own preferences.
In addition, DLP(tm) technology enables the projector to maintain uniform colour reproduction for a long period of time, and because there is no burn-in or remaining after-image, the projector is ideal for still picture applications.
The optical DLP(tm) mechanism is also completely sealed in structure, preventing dust, dirt and smoke from entering core parts of the projector. The system also requires no filter and less maintenance, resulting in lower cost of ownership for the user and a longer product life.
Lastly, for smooth and simple remote operation - even in dark rooms - the XV-Z3000 is supplied with a remote control with easy-to-use phosphorescent buttons and an intuitive layout.