Emulex provides first 4 Gb/s PCI-X HBAs, enabling field-proven reliability and connectivity to HP servers and storage solutions within Linux and Windows operating environments
Emulex Corporation, the most trusted name in storage networking connectivity, have announced that the Emulex LightPulse(r) 4 Gigabit per second (Gb/s) LP11002 dual channel and LP1150 single channel Fibre Channel PCI-X host bus adapters (HBAs) have been integrated into the HP ProLiant and HP Integrity server families running Linux and Windows. Emulex single and dual channel HBA models are also qualified to support storage area network (SAN) connectivity for the HP StorageWorks family of storage arrays. The Emulex LP11002 and LP1150 are the first PCI-X-based 4 Gb/s HBAs available to HP customers, enabling end users to seamlessly migrate their systems to higher performance SAN connectivity solutions.
Mike Smith, executive vice president of worldwide marketing for Emulex, said: "Emulex HBAs are the only 4 Gb/s PCI-X HBAs available for HP server and storage connectivity, which reinforces Emulex's time-to-market leadership, and validates the compelling benefits of our unique architecture and field-proven reliability. The Emulex 4 Gb/s PCI-X HBAs and Emulex 4 Gb/s HBAs for PCI Express-based servers provide end users with an array of next generation robust SAN connectivity solutions. Leveraging Emulex HBAs, which many customers have already standardised on throughout the data centre, helps extend the value of the SAN infrastructure and complement the full range of capabilities offered by the HP ProLiant and HP Integrity server families, along with HP StorageWorks arrays."
Leveraging Emulex HBAs enables automatic speed negotiation capabilities, which ensures a seamless integration into existing 1 Gb/s and 2 Gb/s Fibre Channel SAN environments. Additionally, Emulex hardware-independent HBA architecture provides simplified management and enables driver and firmware upgrades independent of the hardware. The Emulex enterprise-class 4 Gb/s LP11002 HBA (HP Model FC2243, Part Number AD168A) and the LP1150 midrange HBA (HP Model FC2143, Part Number AD167A) are available now from HP.
Bob Schultz, vice president and general manager, StorageWorks Division, HP, commented: "HP is at the forefront of deploying the latest server and storage solutions leveraging new 4 Gb/s performance capabilities, which is validated by our deployment of Emulex 4 Gb/s PCI-X HBAs for both midrange and high-end solutions. HP continues to pave the way for the highest quality and efficiency in mixed-speed networks within Linux and Windows environments."
HP ProLiant servers offer advanced management tools to integrate computing, storage, power, and network resources into a virtualised, self-aware, automated environment. HP Integrity servers are built for the most demanding workloads, giving customers the flexible capacity, secured availability and simplified management they need to drive a better return on investment. The Emulex 4 Gb/s HBAs operate seamlessly within the HP ProLiant and HP Integrity server families and fully complement the unique management capabilities. With HP's market-leading SMI-S implementation driven through HP Systems Insight Manager (SIM) 5.0 and Storage Essentials, customers may now manage the storage infrastructure in a seamless, integrated manner. Emulex SMI-S-compliant LightPulse family of HBAs for Windows and Linux is fully tested and certified for use with the HP SIM 5.0 management solution.
Emulex Fibre Channel HBAs ~ Generations Ahead
Emulex LightPulse HBAs leverage seven generations of advanced, field-proven technology, providing customers with the highest quality SAN connectivity solutions that the world's leading enterprises have come to rely upon. With a unique firmware upgradeable architecture, common driver model and centralised management tools for simplified installation and deployment, Emulex HBAs are simply "Generations Ahead" of competing solutions.
The Emulex suite of Fibre Channel HBAs offers the following industry-leading features and benefits:
* Superior quality and reliability - field-proven, single-chip design with a combination of parity and other advanced error checking methods to validate the integrity of data blocks.
* Most efficient installation and management - unique tools designed to automate installation and provide local and remote HBA configuration and management. The Emulex architecture allows complete independence of device drivers from HBA hardware and firmware, which translates into time- and cost-savings by eliminating the need to reboot during most configuration changes and providing compatibility across HBA generations.
* Maximum SAN performance - experience superior full-duplex data throughput and I/O processing, ideal for real-world application environments. Dynamic Frame Multiplexing is another exclusive Emulex feature designed to consistently provide superior performance in mixed workload environments, such as disk and tape back-up.
* Fastest diagnosis and recovery - ensures fast and efficient SAN troubleshooting with comprehensive diagnostics, detailed event logging and tracing.
* Broadest Enterprise Deployments - With the largest installed base of HBAs, Emulex SAN connectivity solutions are trusted by the world's largest, mission-critical enterprises.