MGE UPS Systems announces launch of Teleservice Remote Monitoring for mission critical applications.
Your companys continuity chain of product/service production processes depends on the Total Quality of your power protection system. With the new generation Teleservice solution, UPS systems and peripheral electric equipment in your installation are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Subscribing to a Teleservice contract, frees your from the responsibilities of power protection and allowed you to devote more time to your key responsibilities, adding value for your company.
Teleservice contracts available
ULTRA: the ultimate overall contract
PREMIER: essential prevention contract
SELECT: an la carte contract
7 good reasons to choose the MGE PowerServices Teleservice solution
Permanent monitoring of your equipment by professional experts, assuring peace of mind for dedicated technical teams.
Guaranteed perfect anticipation of failure risks.
Unequalled service response 24 hours/day, 365 days of the year.
Effective intervention by professional specialists,backed up by expert diagnostics and the dispatch of required spare parts.
Free subscription to MGE PowerServices services for the first year.
Total transparency of information and actions performed as part of the service contract.
Security of information transmitted via modem.
Description of the proposed services
Your UPS systems and peripheral electric equipment -up to eight appliances in all - are linked by a single modem line to our centre, which regularly records the essential parameters.
When an event occurs, your UPS automatically calls our Teleservice centre, which analyses the parameters and determines the level of importance of the call: anomaly or simple alert.
An alarm notification is sent by e-mail, fax, SMS at the same time to the customer and the regional MGE PowerServices supervisor during working hours or to the 24-hour standby network with an escalation procedure defined by contract with the customer.
Emergency intervention is implemented with your prior approval and based on recorded diagnostic elements -more than 500 parameters -by an MGE PowerServices expert.
A full analysis of your protection system is automatically generated and a report sent to you every quarter.
Analysis of the trends of the main technical algorithms enables MGE PowerServices experts to anticipate possible failures dueto the ageing of certain wearing parts.
Subscription to Teleservice is free for the first year.
The report sums up the main events and measurements made on your installation:
- Events: switches to battery -early warning alarms at the end of backup time -end of backup time -UPS shutdown -battery state.
- Measurements: voltage measurements -current measurements -battery parameter measurements -UPS operating state.
- It contains clear graphs,such as battery temperature, or power used.
- All information gathered is recorded by the remote Teleservice centre, which calls the UPS regularly:
- to draft the quarterly report
- to check the state of the telephone link
- to analyse the installation.
Alarms for controlled reactivity
Depending on the type of calls to the Teleservice centre,records or alarms may be triggered.
If a call results from an event, the application is remains protected and the following occurs:
- consideration of the call, logging and time-stamping
- recording of the main parameters
- customer notification
- remote installation diagnosis
- call to the regional MGE Power Services centre.
Actions in the event of an alarm:
- the regional MGE PowerServices centre is automatically informed
- the standby team consults the Teleservice centre and downloads the diagnostics file
- any required spare parts are noted and the service visit is scheduled
- the customer is contacted to schedule an appointment.
Implementation of the Teleservice solution for critical /inaccessible sites.
Integration of the Teleservice solution in Ultra or Premier maintenance contracts.
Provision of a telephone line before commissioning of the UPS protection system.
Training of staff on the Teleservice site and prior definition of a common Customer/MGE PowerServices escalation procedure.