AVG UK, the official business partner of Grisoft and the AVG Anti-Virus family of software products for the UK & Ireland, today announced the launch of a new addition to the AVG PC security software range called AVG plus Firewall. The new product bundles the companys hugely successful AVG anti-virus platform with a robust firewall aimed at small- and medium-sized businesses and individual PC consumers. The new application is a simple to use integrated solution that protects users from the threats of computer viruses, worms, data thieves and computer hackers.
Todays announcement is an important step towards our goal of becoming a dominant force in PC security for SME and home computer users, said Michael Foreman, partner, AVG UK. AVG plus Firewall, uses the same user-friendly environment that users know and love, but now provides them with integrated firewall and anti-virus capability resulting in greater level of security and peace of mind.
AVG plus Firewall will come in the form of a 2-year-license for single and multiple install (up to 5 users) versions. For customers currently using AVG Professional or AVG SoHo an upgrade option will be offered at a discounted price.
AVG plus Firewall - Key Features
- controls traffic on network ports by assigning rules to applications trying to communicate over the network. Rules can be set to allow or disallow traffic.
- prompts the user to permit or deny communication for any new application. When the application attempts to communicate on a network port, the confirmation dialog pops up and the user is invited to decide whether this application can or cannot communicate; based on this decision a new permanent application rule can be created. For maximum protection, if no user is logged in the queries are automatically suppressed and actions blocked.
- includes a configuration wizard that defines the default application rules to be used by the firewall. The rules are specified for most generally known applications detected on the computer, and can be modified by the user.
- settings can be specified in an easy-to-handle configuration dialog environment.
- logs actions and events. Users are able to view a chart with a list of all logged events and a detailed description of relevant parameters.
- designed as an integral part of AVG Anti-Virus, AVG plus Firewall is accessible as one an AVG Control Center component. AVG plus Firewall also supports multiple users login on Windows XP platforms.
AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Key Benefits
Hides your computer from the eyes of Internet predators
User friendly interface
Automatic high-speed updates
Low demand on system resources maximizing performance.