DocuLex, creator of component document management software, announces facilitation of networked document scanning/capture and management via Goby Capture, incorporating 2-dimensional bar coding for document profile capture and content indexing for ease of in-house electronic document management.
In conjunction with Panasonics RTIV TM scanning software (accompanying Panasonic product scanners), Goby Capture enables enterprise-wide electronic document storage and access, enabling quick document capture and upload to a companys server from any location.
RTIV facilitates electronic documents to be sent to user-identified storage folders on the users network, providing organization and ease of access as needed.
The users process is thankfully simple:
1) Walk-up to the Panasonic scanner with document and Goby document identification bar code cover page in hand
2) Insert document with Goby cover page into the scanners document feeder
3) Press the Scan button to commence scanning
4) After scanning, remove the document and walk away.
DocuLex Goby Capture takes it from there with this behind the scenes process:
1) The Goby Capture Monitor feature automatically pulls the files from the target folder inserted by the RTIV application.
2) Monitor identifies the Goby cover page and combines the pages in individual documents
3) The Goby page is read identifying the index field names and values, folder routing, OCR, endorsing and file naming instructions
4) If needed, blank pages are eliminated and images straightened
5) A PDF file is created for each document and the existing tiff files are moved, printed or deleted
6) PDF files are routed to their final destination via folder transfer, email or FTP site.
For search, retrieval, emailing and printing of stored electronic documents from any location via the Internet, DocuLex offers WebSearch as an in-house document management system.
A streamlined approach to use with digital copiers and network scanners, Goby Capture allows walk-up and scan convenience with content indexing, archiving and document sharing/distribution capability. The program is ideal for use with DocuLex WebSearch or other document management system.
With DocuLex Goby Capture, the use of 2-D barcodes allows documents to be profiled and cataloged prior to scanning. Indexing criteria may be added via 2-D bar codes created with user-defined content. This allows documents to be scanned, indexed and organized electronically, then forwarded to the users desktop and to the document management system.
Additional Goby Capture features include the ability to select previously entered values, save, delete and recall field property forms, merge print field data, and add caption fields and date & time designations.
Goby Capture Profiler opens at the users desktop and is free to distribute among other desktops. With document in hand, the user types in a document profile, then prints the profile with their local desktop laser printer or MFP. The user simply scans the document along with the printed profile sheet (like a fax cover page). Direct output paths available for network folders, email, printer and FTP addresses.
Goby Capture Monitor recognizes the 2-D barcode on the sheet, fully indexes the accompanied document, names the file then forwards the fully searchable PDF file to the user-defined destination. The destination may be one or many locations, including FTP address, email, printer, network, local folder and the users desktop. The program provides capability to process multi-page TIFF files containing multiple documents separated by Goby Profiler Cover Sheets. The included File Transfer utility provides automatic folder creation and custom folder and sub-folder naming based upon document profile values set by the user, directing TIFF images to a printer and exporting files to multiple directories.
A Software Developers Kit enabling generation of Goby Capture cover pages directly from existing business management software is also included.