MGE UPS SYSTEMS, a world leader in high availability power solutions is adding three new models (5, 7 and 11 kVA) with three phase input to the single phase Comet EX RT (7 and 11kVA) range introduced in June 2004. This range now provides secured power for 25 to 55 servers, for any type of mains power supply.
The market requirements for medium power UPSs, between 5kVA and 10kVA, include the features expected by users for both small and large UPSs.
Jason Koffler, UK Channel Manager says These new product additions confirms to our growing end user and channel partner base that MGE UPS Systems is a UPS Manufacturer which continually listens to their requirements and delivers products which enable their business. Several recent corporate purchasers of the Comet EX RT have stated via the feed back section on our web site, that they really like the product and believe the range is a market leader due to its innovative design and price position.
As medium power UPSs are designed to protect information systems and critical company processes, they must have the features of the large UPSs which have established MGE's reputation over the past 40 years :
- high power availability ensured by the hot-swappable UPS and battery modules
- able to operate with a high level of interference without draining the battery
- top of the range electrical input/output characteristics ensuring high efficiency and a high output power quality, and very low harmonic current emissions
Users also expect these medium power UPSs to provide all the network integration features of the low power UPS ranges :
- versatile Rack/Tower format
- high power density to occupy the minimum amount of rack space
- high level of network integration
- N+ 1 redundant power source
Comet EX RT brings together these hitherto irreconcilable needs by providing the most advanced level of performance and protection on the market in an ultra-compact, modular format of only 6U.
Comet EX RT key features include:
- UPS and battery modules that can be hot-swapped by users
- versatile Tower/Rack 6U format
- multilingual LCD display
- a Network Pack version including rack assembly rails and network card
- a wide range of options such as battery module integration system, high performance charger, isolation transformer, level B EMC filter, battery modules with emergency stop, etc.