AVG UK, the official business partner of Grisoft and the AVG Anti-Virus family of software products for the UK & Ireland, today claimed that resellers rate AVG above the competition when it comes to margin, ease-of-use, licensing, management and overall technical competence. According to AVG these benefits were cited by over 80% of their reseller base taking part in a recent poll.
This is the first time AVG has undertaken research of this kind, said Michael Foreman, partner, AVG UK, and we have been very pleased with the reputation our product has among resellers.
There seems to be a real appreciation for our approach, he continued, the next step will be to proactively promote these messages to a much wider audience in our drive to recruit more partners.
The five AVG characteristics most commonly volunteered by resellers were
1. Good margins plus the only vendor offering a two-year licence as default
2. Centralised management allowing the reseller fast, efficient overall control
3. Easy to use, install, update and sell
4. Can be sold on its own or bundled as part of a value added solution
5. Accessible support desk staffed by knowledgeable technical engineers
We like the management console and fact that AVG is easy to set up and reliable, said Peter Brewerton, managing director of PC Help, a Sussex-based reseller. AVG represents excellent value. It uses less processing power and updates more often than most other anti-virus products making it easier to sell.