DocuLex, creator of component document management software, announces facilitation of networked document scanning/capture and management via Goby Capture, incorporating 2-dimensional bar coding for document profile capture and content indexing for ease of in-house electronic document management.
In conjunction with Fujitsu ScandAll21 scanning software (accompanying Fujitsu production scanners), Goby Capture enables enterprise-wide electronic document storage and access, enabling quick document capture and upload to a companys server from any location.
ScandAll21 facilitates electronic documents to be sent to user-identified storage folders on the users network, providing organization and ease of access as needed.
The users process is thankfully simple:
1) Walk-up to the Fujitsu scanner with document and Goby document identification bar code cover page in hand
2) Insert document with Goby cover page into the scanners document feeder
3) Press the Scan button to commence scanning
4) After scanning, remove the document and walk away.
DocuLex Goby Capture takes it from there with this behind the scenes process:
1) The Goby Capture Monitor feature automatically pulls the files from the target folder inserted by ScandAll21
2) Monitor identifies the Goby cover page and combines the pages in individual documents
3) The Goby page is read identifying the index field names and values, folder routing, OCR, endorsing and file naming instructions
4) If needed, blank pages are eliminated and images straightened
5) A PDF file is created for each document and the existing tiff files are moved, printed or deleted
6) PDF files are routed to their final destination via folder transfer, email or FTP site.
For search, retrieval, emailing and printing of stored electronic documents from any location via the Internet, DocuLex offers WebSearch as an in-house document management system.