The two new NexPress print systems, the KODAK DIGIMASTER E150 and E125 digital production systems, accept a wide range of paper sizes and weights, feature optional Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) and deliver improved image quality. Under the terms of the extended partnership with NexPress, Danka will deliver the E series systems products to customers across Europe, the USA and Canada. Both are available for customer delivery immediately and will be covered by Dankas renowned service and support network.
Alongside the KODAK DIGIMASTER 9110 digital production system, the E series extends Dankas capability to deliver leading solutions to suit a wide range of production print environments, including in-plant, print-for-pay, corporate publishers and data centres. Danka is in a strong position to help customers upgrade to this new generation of technology. Danka will eventually replace the DIGIMASTER 9150i system with the E150 in its product portfolio, but will continue to service and support its current 9150i installed machine base.
The key features of the DIGIMASTER E150 and E125 digital production systems include:
* An extended range of paper sizes, weights, and coatings, on an exceptionally reliable paper path.
* Enhanced black & white image quality, including easy digital quality adjustments.
* Throughput of 150 and 125 pages per minute, with variable frame capability that substantially improves productivity for non-standard paper sizes.
* A MICR toner configuration that enables printing of special fonts and characters for cheques, rebates, coupons, and other financial documents.
* An open architecture and new software options for seamless workflow integration.
Dr Peter Williams, Danka Europe Group President and COO, comments, It is an important move for us to expand our partnership with NexPress, and to become a premier independent distributor of the new DIGIMASTER E series systems. The E150 and E125 both provide versatile configurations for print production in one system, and will certainly enable us to meet the needs of each segment in the evolving marketplace.
Venkat Purushotham, President and CEO, NexPress Solutions, Inc., adds, Danka has an excellent track record in providing a comprehensive range of digital print production solutions, and we are confident that our partnership will initiate strong take-up of the DIGIMASTER E series systems. An important contribution to this successful launch will be Dankas high quality levels of service and support which match the pedigree of the new systems.