IBM will present a comprehensive portfolio of storage networking solutions at the Storage Networking World Europe (SNWE), September 6-8, 2004 and will demonstrate the business advantages associated with storage area networks, showcasing the latest technologies in this area.
Visitors to SNWE, one of the most important storage networking conferences in Europe, will see business solutions, user perspectives, analysts, technology tutorials, exhibition and interoperability demonstrations. They will also have the opportunity to meet experts from the industry and end user community. Now in its fourth year, this is the only event in Europe to be co-owned and endorsed by the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA). Over 800 participants are expected at the event, at which IBM will participate as a platinum sponsor.
"Storage area networks are no longer solely benefiting companies with large IT resources", said Daniel Sazbon, Storage Networking Sales Manager, IBM EMEA and member of the SNIA Europe Board of Directors. "They have now reached a level of maturity that allows medium-sized and even small organisations to take advantage of the benefits they offer through consolidation of storage, economies of scale and ease of management. We believe Storage Networking World is the perfect place to demonstrate the wealth of benefits now achievable with SAN."
In a keynote at SNWE Daniel Sazbon will present IBMs view of the current development and trends within storage networking. IBM experts will contribute to the congress programm with speeches on the topics of Storage Area Network (SAN) management, mainframe access to industry-standard SANs, tape management in SANs and Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI).
IBM will present the latest TotalStorage solutions to build an On Demand environment to adress infrastructure simplification, business continuity and information lifecycle management:
- a complete hardware infrastructure offering different media types with different qualities of service and cost structures
- a broad set of Advanced Copy Services and associated automation to meet the most demanding business continuity requirements
- Virtualisation Software to improve the flexibility of the storage infrastructure
- Storage Infrastructure Management software based on latest SMI-S standards to empower administrators
- Recovery Management software to help ensure the recoverability of business data
- Storage Orchestration for advanced provisioning and automation of workflows
Visitors to the IBM stand will see the latest generation of the IBM TotalStorage Virtualisation family of products. In addition, IBM will present standards-based systems management and storage solutions over IP networks in the multi-vendor solution centre.